1 lb yo-yo

Does anyone else have this problem - or solutions to this problem?
I will lose 1 lb in a week and then the next week gain 1 lb. My food and exercise seems to be about the same quantity week to week. What gives? PLEASE help me. Is there diet or exercise plan that works better for people with a stubborn set weight?

Replies

• izzyandobo
    izzyandobo Posts: 41
    Does anyone else have this problem - or solutions to this problem?
    I will lose 1 lb in a week and then the next week gain 1 lb. My food and exercise seems to be about the same quantity week to week. What gives? PLEASE help me. Is there diet or exercise plan that works better for people with a stubborn set weight?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    how much are you eating? and are you eating your excercise calories?
  • izzyandobo
    I am eating all of my exercise calories. Could that be a problem. I am set on the 1 1/2 lbs lost per week profile. When I tried to change it to 2 lbs per week it kept me at 1200 calories (before my exercise). Maybe I just burn fewer then typical calories during a workout session. Is there a way to determine more accurately how many calories are burned during exercise? I think I could go on Survivor and not lose any weight.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    hi

try this; I think its a more realistic calculator than others online

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_loss.php - exercise calories burned

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-beer-bud-light-4-2-alc_f-Y2lkPTM5NTgwJmJpZD0xNDImZmlkPTY3NDQyJmVpZD0yODMzNzc1NDQmcG9zPTEmcGFyPSZrZXk9QnVkd2Vpc2Vy.html - for calorie content - I find some of the stuff entered on this site is inaccurate and I keep my own lists from packaging off food first and then I use this website so I know the content is correct,

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • izzyandobo
    I just checked out that website. I think it might really help me. I calculated the calories burned doing the elleptical trainer. It told me that I burn 175 calories in 30 min vs. the 303 calories that comes up in the exercise log. Perhaps I should try just eating half my exercise calories to compensate for the overestimation of calories burned. It also told me I should have a 583 calorie deficit instead of 500. Thank you.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    give it a go... yeah the calories burned is more conservative, prefer to err on the side of caution myself though I do still eat the calories burnt off and if I go over occassionally I don't stress too much as I tend to stick to the 1200 + calories burnt theory for what I can have that day so am always on the lower rung OF calories taken in and more weight burnt end of scale

Mags