menu ideas for wedding

Options
jw17695
jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
My wedding is coming up soon (way too soon if you ask me) and I need food ideas that are healthy. I know my people like to eat a lot (mom is putting a small fortune into the food budget:tongue: ) What can I do that is healthy too? My caterer is very open to any ideas we have but he says most do BBQ or Mexican, which I dislike severly. (I live in Texas. Go figure!) As far as I know, we really don't have any picky eaters, except for me.

Ideas?

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What about chicken, salad, roast, potatoes...things of that nature?
  • tsherwin
    tsherwin Posts: 8
    Options
    why don't you try adding a whole wheat pasta with a light sauce and grilled chicken breast slices?
    you could also add a fish dish - like grilled or poached - can use any fish really.
    is it going to be catered? sit down meal or buffet style?
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken or fish, and grilled eggplant for the vegetarians. (You know your guestlist better than I, but as a former vegetarian I was always scrounging for something to eat at events. The worst was "grilled stuffed portabella" at my graduation banquet that somehow turned into a pile of mushy veggies an a cube of uncooked, unseasoned tofu en route from the kitchen.) Always good with a fresh tomato sauce, brown rice, and steamed vegetables.

Congratulations!!!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    There are so many options but I'd consider grilled chicken, baked or smoked salmon with or without a glaze sauce, or even a super long sub. You can also serve both veggie and fruit platters. For drinks, you can serve water, tea, or wine (red has less sugar). Caesar salad is another option. Hope that helps some.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My family is an Asian/Caucasian mix and we might be thinking more sushi and veggies route. Not really sure on calorie counts for any Asian type foods though. Probably no fish though. My family is from the east coast and they have fish all the time. Plus, Texas isn't known for their fish. Is chicken too boring? It seems like many weddings I've been to serve chicken. And I do have several vegetarians coming. Thanks for reminding me.