Eggs

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
I just stumbled upon these two genius recipes that I'm dying to try, like, as soon as I get home!! Check these out:

Egg in a potato skin - http://thevillagecook.com/wordpress/idaho-sunrise-a-breakfast/

Tomato Egg Cups
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious.com

Ingredients:

*4 medium-size vine-ripened tomatoes
*Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
*4 large eggs
*4 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
*4 slices toast, cut into strips

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice off and set aside the top third of each tomato. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Place the tomatoes in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper.
4. Break an egg into each tomato.
5. Bake, with the sliced tops, for 10 minutes.
6. Top the tomatoes with the cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes more.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with the tops and toast strips

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I saw the egg in potato skin on foodgawker.com this week and saved it to try too!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    I'd try it tonight but I have my heart and belly set on an egg salad sandwich. I may do it tomorrow. :wink:
  • TammieOwen
    Options
    Bump
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    sounds good!!

so what do you put in your egg salad sandwhichs?
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Well, tonight I'm just going with eggs (lol), mayonnaise, paprika, celery, basil, some pepper maybe and I'll add a slice of tomato and put it on sourdough bread. :) I may also sautee some onions to put in there because they're sooo yummy & I'll have to use the stove anyway. Wish I had a Dutch oven...hmm.
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    LOL

i havent had an egg salad sandwhich in for EVER!!! i always think anything with mayo is a NO NO but dah...i dont use full fat mayo like my mom did / does so i can so still have it!! i'm going to make some soon!!!!!!! onions sauted sounds yummy too on it and tomatoes!! haha, can you tell i'm a little hungry :-)

thanks
  • aippolito1
    Options
    I haven't either! I get these random egg salad cravings and just have to have one! I've been forgetting to boil some eggs and would like to start eating them for snacks to keep me full longer and figure why not tonight and have one for dinner! :) I use regular mayonnaise 'cause I don't like the light stuff but I don't use mayonnaise as much as I used to. I need to get some Greek yogurt to sub as I've been craving chicken salad a lot too. :D
  • RMariaT
    RMariaT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like this recipe. I am going to give it a try too.

Thanks!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The potato & egg one looks amazing - definitely trying that! Thanks xx