Day after a bad binge?

Options
What do you do?
I'm not sure,I just binged more then I have in my entire life.about 4000 calories,its horrible and I feel so disgusting and bloated:(
Is there anything that would specifically "de-puff" my stomach sooner?
Thanks for any and all answers :)

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I had 4000 calories too, we can support eachother
  • mommy_03
    mommy_03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    it happens, we've all done it, i dont know of anything other than waiting til the morning and go poop and swear to yourself that you will never do it again, so tomorrow eat lesser calories and up your workout and hopefully that will balance you out
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Eat healthy food. Think about what led to the binge and avoid that in the future if at all possible.
  • EatingRight123
    Options
    i ate 9000 calories in one day, where my TDEE was around 2.4k

so i was supposed to gain 2lbs of fat

didnt gain any fat. waist stayed the same.
    scale showed same number.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    i ate 9000 calories in one day, where my TDEE was around 2.4k

so i was supposed to gain 2lbs of fat

didnt gain any fat. waist stayed the same.
    scale showed same number.

Are you a wizard?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Move on.

Seriously, that's my best advice. Don't dwell on it. Just move on.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about "depuffing" your stomach. Just focus on eating less the other days of the week, and try to make sure you're not around the trigger food any time soon. You can do this.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    What do you do?
    I'm not sure,I just binged more then I have in my entire life.about 4000 calories,its horrible and I feel so disgusting and bloated:(
    Is there anything that would specifically "de-puff" my stomach sooner?
    Thanks for any and all answers :)

I just went over 3000 calories today. I drink a cup of oolong tea and you will feel so much better the next day. try drinking more water.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    3500 today and half of those the were homemade chocolate chip cookies:) lol can't wait till next Sunday to do it all again!
    I think what Leah said is prolly some good wisdom!!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I fast.

I did it black friday. I'll probably do it again December 26th. Just for a day.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That happened on Friday for me. Pigged out at a potluck, felt like crap, slept bad, got up and went for a 3 hr hike and burned off 1120 calories according to my Garmin, or twice that according to MFP.

Falling off the wagon is part of the journey. Just hop back onto the program asap and get on with it. Oh, and try to remember how crappy you feel right now so maybe it'll have some influence the next time you are tempted. If you're a slow learner like me, you may need to do it a few times, but it'll sink in eventually.
  • EatingRight123
    Options
    Are you a wizard?

I did it couple times throughout my weightloss from 240lbs to 188. (mostly junk food) 1000cal/day deficit 2lbs/week average (i kept track)
    I overate around 1000 cal for 1 week though, and now i am 190. (mostly pizzas)

Therefore 1 day of pigging out is okay, but whole week, even if 1000 cal over TDEE will give you 2 lbs of fat.

the hardest part of losing weight is hunger:(
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Move on.

I 100% agree with this this advice.

You can't let this get you down. You just promise yourself that you will do better in the future and then put it behind you. One day isn't going to completely destroy your progress, I promise. It happens to the best of us, but it's not letting it affect your weight loss journey as a whole that matters.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I had 4000 calories too, we can support eachother

Amateur. I had that in cookies alone. Try harder
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just take a SERIOUS mental note of how miserable you feel right now and think about that in the future to derail another binge. Water and getting back on track will keep your one day slip from becoming a failure.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. Everyone has bad days. Just forgive yourself and start over again in the morning. You can do this.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I did 3800 on Tuesday. Basically, my mantra was to make sure that I ended up under for the week. While I track on a day to day basis pretty religiously, I don't worry about being over on any individual day. It's too easy to drive yourself nuts. I just focus on making sure that I stay straight for the week.
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had a binge day also. Got to love those Woman functions at church, cupcakes everywhere. Shake it off, move on and kill it the rest of the week. :)
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Log it, drink lots of water to (hopefully) counteract all the sodium, pray you'll have a good poop, eat at a slightly bigger deficit the next few days to balance it out a bit, eat lots of fruits and veggies the next day as an "apology" to your body, do some extra exercise to not feel so puffy, and so on. It happens. Don't dwell; just log it and move on. :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Move on.

This. Don't try to make up for it, just move on. Dwelling on it and pushing yourself to eat less and/or exercise more may lead to another binge.