High Calorie Intake

Options
I am looking for some helpful tips on how I can increase my calorie intake, without adding too many carbs, etc? It appears that I am consuming plenty of carbs, but I am always low on my calorie intake. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance! :happy:

Replies

• dexter888
    Options
    Try things like beef/lamb a little more fatty but shouldn't be high in carbs? (might want to google it though :) )
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    more fats!

avocado, nuts, seeds, nut butters, olives, oils, fish etc etc :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yep more fats. Carbs and Protein have 4 cal per gram. Fat has 9.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Eating whole eggs instead of egg whites (I really don't like the yolk, except in situations where I mask the flavor) helps. Also, I make my own protein bars using http://www.nomeatathlete.com/homemade-energy-bar-recipe/ and since
    I make it, I can make it to my macro specifications. I use TVP instead of oats to get more protein and fewer carbs.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yep. Whole eggs and peanut butter mmmmmm.... avocado, nuts, cheese and more meat. YUM!
  • PKobielusz
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate your responses. I'm going to try to implement more fat. Who would have thought..... Eat more fat; lose weight. LOL :laugh:
  • PKobielusz
    Options
    YUM! Thank you for sharing!!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    My diary is open ,,, just ignore the potatoes, oatmeal, and granola,, Im pretty sure they are where I get most of my carbs daily,,, besides that my protein is always very high and I try to get healthy fats from oil and nuts and things of that nature