I'm a newbie here at MFP!

Options
Like so many of you, I am struggling to lose weight but thought I'd give MFP a try. I am from Ohio and have four daughters, all grown up, one married, one soon to be married, another engaged and another in college...I am recently remarried and haven't been happier, yet I know that my weight is keeping me from doing things that I love to do. I am 51 and need to lose about 80 lbs. ....so what am I waiting for? Help me to get myself motivated because I'd rather sit here on my computer and read everyones stories!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bisma91
    bisma91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! Even I'm kind of new. I've lost some weight already, and I'm totally planning to stick to my healthy routine. I'm a university student, so eating junk food in the cafeteria increased my weight by 20 pounds in the last 2 years. Need to lose all that fat now :):) I've added you already. Will totally keep you motivated! :D Welcome to the community!
  • auz58
    auz58 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP, I joined two weeks ago and found it a great site to help you lose the lbs.
    I took early retirement and found the lbs creeping on .
    Sent you a friends request
  • newbeginnings51
    newbeginnings51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I'm determined to give this a shot! I love the site so far, and having to simply type in what I've had for breakfast already and showing how many calories, etc I have to go for the day is a huge help! Looking forward to this journey!
  • Hey, good luck with your desired weight loss. I just joined as well.

My story actually isn't that interesting, I am a young person who wants to be healthy and do things with his family. I take my life for granted and I am honestly surprised I don't have diabetes yet. It's more along the lines of proving to myself that I have the willpower and strength to do what is necessary for the betterment of myself, even if that means giving up really awesome food or exerting myself physically. I have no desire to be a ripped muscle-man, all I want is to live comfortably. Hopefully I still have the same enthusiasm when I wake up tomorrow, but for for now I am ready to lose this weight.
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Heyy,

Firstly GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY HUN! secondly add me i am only a couple of months into my lifestyle change and support is the best thing to get you through

xx
  • shivani1294
    Options
    Hey! i 've been trying to lose weight and was searching for sites online and i found MFP. i thought id give it a shot . i hope it works :)
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • shivani1294
    Options
    thankyou.. though i really hope MFP works... i hav a lot to lose..