Looking for some motivating friends

Options
Hi my name is Becky. I'm looking to lose about 50-60 lbs. Also looking for some active, motivating people to help me along the way and will do the same in return.

My biggest problem is normally exercise. I do great on the weekends because I have more time. Not so great during the week. I started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution last Friday. I am hoping to get in a rhythm with the exercise part of things prior to the start of the new year when my busy season at work starts so that exercising after work is a natural part of my day.

Replies

• aries267
    aries267 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you Becky...it sounds like you are starting off on the right track. I just started this yesterday and I am also looking to lose about 40-50 lbs. The one thing that I have already found amazaing is realizing just how much food I consume on a daily basis. The food tracking is a really good tool. Good luck and much success to you. Michelle
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Welcome Becky, and it sounds like you have a good plan in mind, to get yourself into the habit before things go haywire in your life.

I agree with Aries, learning what and how much you eat is a huge help in this, and for me it's been important to make exercise a priority rather than an afterthought.

Good luck,
    R

PS. I'm always open to new friends.
  • swimneub
    Options
    Hi Becky,

I'm in the same boat - 50-60 lbs and committed to keeping a log here and doing some sort of exercise every day. It's hard to fit exercise in with work but I'm looking at it as a must do every day type of appointment. I'm trying to make it like something I wouldn't think not to do eery day - I wouldn't not go to meetings at work or stay home from work for no reason - so I'm trying to view exercise the same way. If you don't go to work or show up for meetings people will notice - the same with exercise - people will notice you're not taking care of yourself and you are more tired and less sharp/focused.

I love to walk in the early morning but if I get up late and don't have time I like to do some exercise so I feel like I've already gotten some in so the task isn't looming over me all day through work and I feel better throughout the day as well.

Maybe we can keep in touch as we get rid of the extra baggage we're carrying around.
  • kschueller
    kschueller Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky,

I too am aiming to lose about 60lbs. Feel free to add me!