<-- This girl is on FIRE

Options
MsP90X
MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
Good morning everyone! I think that it is my turn to share my story. I should warn that I can be long winded so I will try to include lots of pictures to make it easier to get through :P

So back in 2009, when I began logging my food occasionally, I had been diagnosed with an "inflammatory disease" that my Dr was trying to diagnose. I was also on a multitude of anti-inflammatory meds and due to limited mobility the weight was creeping up quickly. I was seeking counsel from my favorite foods and moving less and less. I moved when I could but it was always with trepidation because I knew that I would suffer as a result.

largeMarge.jpg

To make a very LONG story very short... I was eventually diagnosed with Lupus and we needed to control the flare ups that were relentless. No matter the amount of Prednizone they gave me I couldn't control the swelling. I was taking a cocktail of 20+ pills in the morning and still suffering... I was losing control of my body and my mind and I had concluded that amputation might be the best alternative... and I requested that of my Dr. That is the day my life would begin to change... he decided to try me on an IV medication called Remicade and regardless of the side effects I was willing to try it! At this point I was not living anyway... and so my journey began:

IV.jpg

The medication began to work within the first six weeks and when it did I vowed that I would move as much as I could WHILE I could... So I was kayaking, hiking, doing C25K and biking. I was doing what I could everyday but still nervous about putting in too much effort. The flareups continued but were less aggressive and I was feeling stronger! Finally in January of this year I decided that 2012 was going to be my year to get my body back... I took the dreaded BEFORE pics:S

photofront.jpg

I lasted one month and then a flare-up pushed me off the wagon and I did not regain the mental strength to continue until I saw a picture of myself from a company social event. I had started cycling again in May and was feeling stronger and thought that I looked great because I felt great... but this picture proved otherwise and I found a renewed strength and passion to carry on. I started cycling to work two to three days a week (52 kms return) and began to improve my time and felt stronger every day. I was inspiring others to do the same... I was making strides but the scale wasn't moving much.

Then I decided to do something drastic, I decided to cut out carbs and lower my sugar intake. I began a protein-rich diet and the weight started to melt off. Ok, not melt but my exercise and diet were finally producing results! Since July 11th, I have lost 36.6 pounds and went from a size 14 pants to a size 8!

fatpants.jpg

In August there was a period where the weather was not cooperating with me to cycle so I decided to start a round of P90x and on December 2nd I finished it. I am down 21 pounds from P90x and I am getting stronger every day. I am leaving you with a series of before and afters from this round... thank you for reading my story!

complete25.jpg

frontend33.jpg

iworkout.jpg

xtime-1.jpg

I clean up ok too ;)

finalproduct.jpg

For those of you who have honored me with your support you now understand why I always say, "MAKE it a great day and MAKE IT COUNT"... it is on us to make today what we want it :) I am gonna kick *kitten* today, whatchu gonna do?

Replies

• chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! And a wonderful transformation!!! You look FANTASTIC!!
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    wow, love this. amazing story!!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! You look amazing!! You look like you could be the girl in the first pics daughter!!!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You look 10 years younger.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!! You're an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness,you look GREAT! COngrats to you!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    very inspiring...you are beautiful....and ps I friggin love love your hair!!!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are on fire, what a wonderful story. That is amazing. Keep up the great work.
  • withinanACE
    Options
    I am inspired to get to work. You look awesome!!
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is an amazing story. I was tested for Lupus because of unexplainable pain. Thankfully, the test came back negative. However after dealing with the pain, I can say that to transform like that while having bouts of pain is incredible. You are a very strong and determined woman. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Thank you for providing some inspiration on Monday morning. What Am I going to do? I am headed out to the gym to kick some *kitten*.
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    oh wow! u look great!!! u R on fire!!! :) amazing results :)
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You ARE on fire!!! What a great inspirational story to start my day. Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are a truly strong and inspirational woman! wow! to be faced with such a scary and somewhat crippling diagnosis and then to go on and do such amazing things! i'm proud of you and i don't even know you! thank you for sharing such a beautiful story!!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds a lot like mine except with MS instead of lupus.

You're an inspiration to everyone. No matter what challenges we face we have to keep going and do whatever we can when we can.

Keep up the great work! You look fabulous and hopefully you feel just as good. :happy:
  • Cindy219
    Options
    Truly inspirational! Thanks for being my friend! I really needed to see this today! I've been having a pity party for myself and have been making excuses for not getting my workouts done but I have no health problems to deal with so there really should be NO EXCUSES!!!!! Thanks for that reminder and when I find myself making excuses, I need to think of you and all of my friends who are dealing with health issues and still getting it DONE!!! :heart:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing your story and all your pics. You look amazing. :bigsmile:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person! How is the Lupus doing?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!