Replies

• luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation!!! :heart:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Neither. I HATE A Christmas Story and haven't seen Christmas Vacation so I can't comment on that one. But I despise A Christmas Story.
    Can I recommend "The Grinch That Stole Christmas' for your viewing pleasure?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I hate both of those movies.

What happened to "It's a Wonderful Life"? I was just wondering, this morning, why the talentless, movie-stealing hacks in Hollywood hadn't tried to remake this one yet.

Because you can't remake a Jimmy Stewart Movie.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Bad Santa is better than both...
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hands down Vacation!!!!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    No contest, Vacation!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    A Christmas Carol!
  • withinanACE
    Options
    Definitely Vacation!!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Which do you prefer?

There was a time when I loved a Christmas Story. But it was downright ruined by being played on a monthlong continuous look.

Christmas Vacation, I've seen about 100 times. And it STILL makes me laugh so hard I look crazy.

YES!!!!!
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love them both...

Since I have four kids... A Christmas Story for more 'age appropriate times' and then Christmas Vacation for when Daddy needs a good laugh.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

What happened to "It's a Wonderful Life"? I was just wondering, this morning, why the talentless, movie-stealing hacks in Hollywood hadn't tried to remake this one yet.

I am so glad they haven't remade it. It's a very old movie...and a classic. I watch it many times during December (three times this weekend) and I always watch my DVD of it Christmas Eve. I never tire of it.
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    No contest.... Vacation!

"Every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour or so. "

I still laugh my *kitten* off at that part.
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, ****less, hopeless, heartless, fat-*kitten*, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation! We watched it while putting up the tree this year.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation. The actors are hilarious, the music is spot on and the detail is to the nth degree. We watched it last night for the gazillionth time-and we STILL found something new to laugh about that we missed all the other times.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    A Christmas Story is my favorite movie EVER!! I went to the house in Cleveland and I swear, it was like a religious experience for me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I am so glad they haven't remade it. It's a very old movie...and a classic. I watch it many times during December (three times this weekend) and I always watch my DVD of it Christmas Eve. I never tire of it.

It is perfect as it is. I wouldn't give a penny to a remake. No way, no how.

I also have never and will never watch the Miracle on 34th Street remake or the Parent Trap remake or the Footloose remake.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

So much hate when talking about "It's a Wonderful Life"
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am a White Christmas fan.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Then Vacation, then Story.