• LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation all the way! :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I hate both of those movies.

What happened to "It's a Wonderful Life"? I was just wondering, this morning, why the talentless, movie-stealing hacks in Hollywood hadn't tried to remake this one yet.

I love "It's a Wonderful Life." But I also like "A Christmas Story" and "Christmas Vacation." All three are required viewing at Christmas time.
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I watch both movies at least once every Christmas season. However, the Vacation franchise is tiresome mostly because of the lead actor. Every movie that Chevy Chase is in is less funny than the last. In many of his movies, Chevy Chase is just simply NOT funny. Part of the problem is that he tries too hard to be funny, to force it, and he is just a dip$hit in comedian's clothing. I guess I am not a fan of humor of the lowest common denominator.

I much prefer some other lousy Christmas movies, such as Surviving Christmas, Four Christmases, and Christmas With the Kranks. Something different that is actually pretty good is The Family Stone. A movie that is actually funny is A Muppet Christmas Carol. The interactions between 'A blue Charles ****ens' and his sidekick, Rizzo the Rat are funnier than EITHER Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story by a long shot.
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A movie that is actually funny is A Muppet Christmas Carol. The interactions between 'A blue Charles ****ens' and his sidekick, Rizzo the Rat are funnier than EITHER Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story by a long shot.

I can't believe that MFP censors a word that contains a slang anatomical term within it. I hope there are no MFP users named "Bob ****ens" - I guess his username would have to be Dlckens instead (with a lowercase "L"). Or D1ckens. MFP censoring that? Now that is funny.

By the way, another Christmas movie that actually has some funny moments in it? Scrooged. "We don't want to scare the dlckens out of people."
  • CaptChad75
    Options
    "250 strands of lights, 100 individual bulbes per strand, for a grand total of 25,000 imported Italian twinkle lights!"
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    A Christmas Story!

"Fra-GEE-Leee"
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Christmas story....we just watched it last night.

When the kids get older I will introduce them to Christmas vacation.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A Christmas Story is my favorite movie EVER!! I went to the house in Cleveland and I swear, it was like a religious experience for me.

THIS ^^^^^^
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I even have the full size leg lamp in my front window :-)
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love A Christmas story, but if I were to choose between the two Christmas Vacation wins every time!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I like them both!
    We have TiVo, so no suffering through any Christmas movie that's played repeatedly, yay TiVo
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have an ornament of the leg lamp on my desk...it even says "Fra-gi-le". But, I'm gonna have to go with the Griswolds on this one...they are, after all, the jolliest bunch of a-holes this side of the nuthouse, LOL! :bigsmile:
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Chistmas Vacation ALL THE WAY!

My favorite quotes -

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d!@kless, hopeless, heartless, fat-@ss, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s@!t he is. Hallelujah. Holy s@!t. Where's the Tylenol?"
    - Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase)

and

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f@#king Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white @ss down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of @ssholes this side of the nuthouse".
    - Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase)
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Both! A Christmas Story reminds me of my childhood whereas Christmas Vacation makes me wish I was a Griswold.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    FUUUUUUDGE! yeah I love me some Christmas story. Especially when that kid eats his mashed potatoes.

I love Christmas Story for the nostalgia but that Randy kid bugs me ...
  • Bluescat1
    Bluescat1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation all the way.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Neither. I HATE A Christmas Story and haven't seen Christmas Vacation so I can't comment on that one. But I despise A Christmas Story.

Communist
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Christmas story!
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Neither. I HATE A Christmas Story and haven't seen Christmas Vacation so I can't comment on that one. But I despise A Christmas Story.
    Can I recommend "The Grinch That Stole Christmas' for your viewing pleasure?

Bwa....HA!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Vacation ( I love it) I don't like "story" at all