Catabolic Diet ?

Options
i heard about this yesterday - and it seems like a good idea - mostly fruits and veggies. kind of like the negative calorie diet. just wondering if anyone has done it

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it. But I eat pretty much all fruits and veggies, and that is working spectacularly for me!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Don't follow diets. Just count calories. You're better off in the long run.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a quick way to get skinny fat.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to make your body eat itself? If all you're eating is fruits and vegetables, your body is going to use your muscles as a protein source.
  • DanaDark
    Options
    Why would you want to make your body eat itself?

Cuz humans taste yummy?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i heard about this yesterday - and it seems like a good idea - mostly fruits and veggies. kind of like the negative calorie diet. just wondering if anyone has done it

Sounds like a terrible idea
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You want to avoid going catabolic.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    negative calories?

I will take 2000
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    That has to be the scariest name for a diet that I've ever seen.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    LMAO

The Diet that works three times faster than starvation!

Diets based on catabolic foods result in staggering weight losses of pure fat from the body. The results are sensational. As the doctor said, "the diet works three times faster than starvation!"

While the average weight loss is one pound a day, one lady went from 395 lbs. to 156 lbs. in a matter of months. The loss of 239 lbs. was actually written up in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

http://www.catabolic.com/

tumblr_mef7fxGvrm1qddp5ho5_r1_500.jpg
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    ihasslowcat128454378384531250.jpg
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    absolutely terrible idea.
    catabolic means you're losing tissue....fat and muscle.........

losing muscle isn't a good thing. and a "diet" that relies only on carbs (fruits and veggies) is awful. you need protein. and a diet should be sustainable.

please do some reading and research before putting your health at risk
  • agthorn
    Options

Cuz humans taste yummy?
    If you're eating humans (i.e. "tasting" them) then you're no longer following a catabolic diet.
  • DanaDark
    Options

Cuz humans taste yummy?
    If you're eating humans (i.e. "tasting" them) then you're no longer following a catabolic diet.

Just a nibble?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. "So long, lean body mass...hello, saggy and droopy!"
  • agthorn
    Options
    Cuz humans taste yummy?
    Just a nibble?
    I'm not the boss of you.
  • MommaSchwag
    MommaSchwag Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Think about where you want to be in 5 years. Do you want to be eating only fruits and vegetables for the next 5 years, 3 years, 6 months? I think it's safe to say you wouldn't want this to be your permanent way of life. The problem with this diet, while you may lose a ton of weight initially, is that it is not sustainable. You will be starving your body of essential nutrients it needs, protein. So then when you realize you can't live like this anymore, you will go back to your normal way of eating, and all that weight you lost will come right back on, plus more.

While it's a much longer process to lose weight the right way, slowly, you have a better chance of keeping that weight off for the rest of your life. do you really want to be dieting for the rest of your life? Wouldn't you rather take the next year or so of your life, lose the body fat, but not muscle, then reach maintenance mode and not have to be dieting forever? This is what I want for my life.

I recommend checking out www.fat2fitradio.com There's a ton of really helpful, well-researched, information on there. I highly recommend their approach rather than starving yourself, which is what a diet of just fruits and vegetables is.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Sounds like a terrible idea

i second this!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    zombie diet
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep. "So long, lean body mass...hello, saggy and droopy!"

Oh man, SOOO tempted to post a picture of myself here...my "skinny" body is the result of sugary malnutrition and it will not lose any more. But if you think flabby cellulite is sexy then go for it.