easter menu plan

Options
it's 11 days away. i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to make. :) prime rib or spiral ham? cheesy hashbrowns or cheesy mashed potatos? banana cream pie or pecan gunk pie?

what are you having for easter this year?

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am polish so ham, kielbasa and sauerkraut, eggs, buttered lamb, horseradish, pierogis, tons of different breads, sweet potatoes, red skins, asaparagus :)
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I planned my menu weeks ago...

Ham
    Veal
    Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy
    Brussels Sprouts
    Mashed Rutabaga or Cauliflower [depends on what's avail. at the grocers]
    Salad
    Peas w/Mushrooms
    Roasted Root Veggies [yams, parsnips, carrots, potatoes]
    Rapini

And for dessert...Italian Pastries.

A little something for everyone...
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    My husbands family is Polish & ham is everyone' s Easter tradition so I'll be making it here too. I have over 20 people for dinner. In the past I made the ham & kilbasa & ate it, but reallly am not crazy about it so would rather make ham & something else. Any EASY healthy ideas out there for a second entree to go with it? I can make lots of healthy side dishes.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    we haven't totally decided yet, i guess it is time to work on that.
    i did find at thanksgiving that i could make lower calorie mashed potatoes using buttermilk.
    (i need to try the mixed potato & cauliflower mash that folks on here have talked about, cause that's even better)
    i did very well both thanksgiving & christmas. it is time to do some planning, thanks for the push.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Any EASY healthy ideas out there for a second entree to go with it? I can make lots of healthy side dishes.

How about a Roast Beef or Roast Chicken?
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Ham
    Roasted Red Potatos
    Corn
    Green Beans
    Salad

No pies this year.... but perhaps a Hungry Girl Chocolate Cake.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My husbands family is Polish & ham is everyone' s Easter tradition so I'll be making it here too. I have over 20 people for dinner. In the past I made the ham & kilbasa & ate it, but reallly am not crazy about it so would rather make ham & something else. Any EASY healthy ideas out there for a second entree to go with it? I can make lots of healthy side dishes.

Turkey Breast?
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas. I like the turkey breast & roast chicken ideas. I am a good cook, but for some reason have never had luck with roast beef. I don't think I was ever taught the right way to cook it or which cuts are most tender. Turkey breast & chicken can just be put in the oven and forgot about til I'm ready which works when cooking so much for so many people.

Thanks!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    everyone's menu sounds great!! (what time are you eating? i might stop by. lol.) tetatively, i am thinking:

spiral-cut honey-baked ham
    homemade asiago rolls
    cheesy hashbrown casserole
    green bean casserole
    tomatos with fresh mozzarella, basil and olive oil
    sauteed zucchini and summer squash
    sesame broccoli slaw
    deviled eggs
    pineapple
    lemon-raspberry mousse squares

for some reason, it looks incomplete so i will continue to add to it/tweak it until i need to post the menu on my blog on sunday. any suggestions?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my mom is making but for my bday on saturday she made me dinner and we had bbq chicken on the bone, twice baked potatoes (half was perfect) and broccoli... it was healthy and reallllly yummy! For dessert we actually had pumpkin pie without the crust cause thats my favorite lol Happy Easter! Another great dessert is jello eggs, you can get the molds at cooking stores I think, just use the jiggler recipe.

~Leash :heart: