I'm new!

lizabeth13
lizabeth13 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 22 years old and have struggled with my weight since I was little. I've probably tried every diet in the world and nothing works. Recently my father found out that he had diabetes...as a result from being overweight. Along with that I have been getting very sick lately. My doctor told me that I need to change my lifestyle and my bad habits to get healthy and build up my immune system. So here it goes.... I just want to be healthy. I haven't set a particular goal. I just want to feel better.
I am a college student and finding healthy options is difficult when you lack the time to cook for yourself. But I'm attempting to find a way to make the time. I guess its just a matter of making the effort. ...

so.... thats my story and thats why I've joined this site.
:smile: hoping for the best!!! :smile:

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Welcome to MFP. If you need anything, just ask. Someone will be along to help shortly.
  • arnolda4
    arnolda4 Posts: 14
    I feel like I just read my own intro. I just started yesterday, I'm feeling pretty lost. MFP seems like a pretty good place for support and everything.

good luck!!!!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Welcome.
    My husband has diabetes like your father. I see how it affects him and it makes me afraid.
    Doctors constantly harp on me.
    So if you need someone to talk to and, maybe, be able to relate to you a little during your weight loss journey feel free to hit me up :)

This site is great.
    I've been on it for a little under a month and I love it.
    Good luck!
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Welcome to the boards. I am 2 days new here and have already found not only a wealth of information, but some exceedingly friendly people. This is the place to be! Stick with it and you will be feeling better and more confident than ever! :)
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Welome! As many of the previous posters have noted, this site/app are great and the user community is very active and supportive...I think you will be pleasantly surprised...
  • krazzybebe03
    krazzybebe03 Posts: 39 Member
    Welcome! I completely understand where you are coming from...but it can be done. I am back in school again and living on a limited budget and limited time. Things I've found useful for food are : making a few healthy meals on sunday and portion them out to use on throughout the week, trader joe's offers some pretty healthy prepared meals (always check the calories and portions though), and salads are always a quick fix. As for exercise you will never have time for it...you must make time. If you fall off the wagon with one meal its ok...just get back on!
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    i just graduated college, so i know all about the hardships!!! and my dad was told he was pre-diabetic, so i made him an account and he watches his carbs and sugar! it's so helpful! and now my mom has one too... and both of them check up on my food diary and i keep tabs on theirs!

it's a great site! welcome!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Welcome!!! This will the THE plan that gets you to your goals! I struggled with weight my whole life, and MFP helped me reach a healthy body weight. I know you can do it! Congrats for starting this journey.
    :)
  • mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    i remember being in college (just a few years ago) and eating nothing but burger king, peanut butter and jelly, and easy mac. its not easy, but it can be done. when i lived in the dorms (on the 5th floor) i made sure i walked to all my classes and took the stairs since i ate like **** 99% of the time. just remember even fast food has healthy options.
This discussion has been closed.