c section

Options
I was so pumped to lose weight after having my baby but over the weekend I had an unplanned c-section and now with the recovery time and not being able to even lift anything heavier then the baby for a while idk how ima lose this weight. anyone else have this problem or similar? it totally sucks.. i wanna look good again but i dont wanna strain myself. :(

Replies

• heidimaggott78
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your new baby.

Weight loss is mainly dietary, so you can still lose weight, you just won't be able to exercise for while.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby!!!!!!
    c-section or not you're suppose to take a break. Let your body heal. Eat Good, Clean foods and it will get you a lot further than you think. You're on new baby high - Enjoy it! You will work on the weight, even if its 2 weeks later than you thought. hang in there!!!!! (mom of 2, both c-sections)
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby!! I just had a baby myself and I did a planned c-section because my first was an unplanned one...so I just did one for this one too. Honestly the recovery is not THAT bad. I would say the first 2 weeks are the worst but once you get into your 3rd and 4th week of recovery you will be feeling more like yourself, that is where I am at right now. I just did the elliptical the other day for a half hour and felt great! As long as there is no pulling and pain you are fine.

At six weeks you should be able to do all your normal workouts (again monitor yourself and make sure you are being safe) As for myself I will actually start back up running again by 5 1/2 weeks. So don't worry you WILL be able to get back to working out =-) and Congrats again!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i dont know how youre even functioning if you had a c-section/baby over the weekend!

(mom of 3 and ive had 2 c-sects)
  • iSurvive
    Options
    Having had 3 c-sections my best advice to you is to take it easy! Give it at least 6 weeks, but 8 weeks is ideal! Hell my daughter is 10 months old and I am just now finally getting serious!! (3 kids 4yrs old and younger is a lot of work in itself!) Good luck and congrats!
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! i actually feel great im already off my pain meds! although no exercising for a while..dont wanna do too much and hurt myself..just gotta watch what i eat for now!
  • msfaithful
    msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new budle of joy!!! :bigsmile:

I've had 2 c-section (last one 10/28/2011) and am still nursing (weaning)...believe me weight loss is possible. Take it easy and do not rush into losing the weight. Nursing (if you're nursing) will help a bit as long as you "eat wisely". Before you know....it months will fly by, your baby will be more mobile and you're ready to kick those extra pounds to the curb.

Take this time to enjoy your little one...they grow up soooo fast! :flowerforyou:
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    OH HUN! Congrats on that beautiful baby! and blessing :)

My last child, she's 2 now, was an emergency c-section. She was backwards, leg crossed, foot coming out, hands crossed and her head was at my ribs. Anyway, it wasn't something that I was expected and frankly I didn't even know what a c-section really was. My doctor knew I was physically active and my first was all natural so there was no reason to discuss a c-section. Well it was a huge setback fitness wise but it's all good. I have better abs now than I did in my teens. Don't let it get you down.

Add me, I'm here to support you and help you. But enjoy the blessing right now, we can worry about the weightloss later. ;) Like next week. LOL jk
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know im kinda rushing into this whole weight loss thing but ive seen way too many women with toddlers that still haven't lost their baby weight and im determined to not be that woman!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Just heal. There is plenty of time to workout.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I have had 2 c-sections and will probably have a third in May. The weight will come off. Give your body the time you need to heal.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your new baby.

Weight loss is mainly dietary, so you can still lose weight, you just won't be able to exercise for while.

exactly what i was going to say!

congrats again!
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Please rest! When I had my Csection I popped the inside and outside stitches just by sitting down and they ripped so bad they could not be reclosed. What a painful nightmare.....Ill spare you the gory details, but please rest and take it easy...Congrats on the new baby:)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Heal -- do not rush it! I had 2 c-sections and I lost weight faster than my sisters who had vaginals but I hurried to do too much with my son and I tore my stitches so take your time and enjoy that baby. They grow up so quickly -- mine are 18 and 23 now. I wish they were newborns!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    You just had a baby. The last thing you should be thinking about is diet and exercise. Eat at maintenance (more if breastfeeding) and take it easy. After a c-section you're going to have to take it easy for at least 8 weeks, so relax and enjoy!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Just eat right and try to get plenty of rest. Congrats on the baby.
  • soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections and with both of them I lost over 20 pounds by my 2 week post op appt. With my first c-section I only gained 14 pounds because I had gestational diabetes and really watched my diet so I ended up losing all of the pregnacny weight and more within 2 weeks and my second c-section I gained 20 pounds and lost all of it by my 2 week post-op I know right now you feel really bad but as long as your not overeating you will lose some. Just remember you need to heal first so rest and heal, my doctor told me I could return to the gym in 6 weeks but I wasn't up to it till 8 weeks and even then there was certain things I couldnt do till I was 12 weeks out from the c-section you have some deep muscles that was cut and will take some time to heal.
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had 2 C-Sections so I know how you feel. don't rush into anything right now, just take care of your health and your baby. you'll have plenty of time to focus on weight loss after.
  • mominwi419
    Options
    The last thing you should be worrying about is diet and exercise. You need to heal your body, c-section or not.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It took you 9 months to put it on. Relax and focus on healthy eating for now. That by itself will make some of the weight drop. Once your doc clears you for exercise, then you start tackling that portion of your fitness needs. Start with taking walks with the baby in the stroller. Work your way up.

Most of all, enjoy that baby and try not to stress so much about the weight. Breastfeeding will help too (check out how many calories it says you burn doing it on MFP). But if you are breastfeeding, be sure not to UNDER eat either.

Congrats on your new baby. How the little one got here isn't as important is it that the baby arrived safely.