Operation 'pre Christmas Tidy'

Options
Farburnfred
Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
My house is a tip, three children masses of toys and two not very tidy parents leads to a house totally unable to deal with decorations and christmas present influx.

So as of today I will be spending 15 mins twice a day EVERYDAY doing my christmas tidy.

Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nah sorry, got my own to do!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

lol

15 minutes is not nearly enough time!!
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I also need to sort my house out from top to bottom. So not looking forward to that exercise!
  • heidimaggott78
    Options

lol

15 minutes is not nearly enough time!!

Lol this!
  • Farburnfred
    Options
    lol, I have decided what I need for Christmas is a housekeeper!

i know 15 mins 2ce a day is not enough...but as with exercise its more than nothing and its achieveable. Its also ONTOP of normal housework..
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Im in!
    though i think i will be doing a couple of hours a day this week then little bits the rest... Need to be squeaky clean for next weekend to get the trees! :D
    x
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    This is me always and I don't have any kids, just a little cat! I will be desperately trying to get organised for Christmas.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It a good thought farburnfrd, after reading this got down to polishing n cleaning one of the leather sofas, now that must have taken a good fifteen minutes. Lots of 'nitty gritty' to sort. I am quite lucky tho as hubby is actually much better at this sort of thing than me.......

Happy Cleaning everyone!
  • Farburnfred
    Options
    Did three blocks of 15 mins today.. 2 'heaps' dealt with and sitting room surfaces cleared for the first time in ages :)
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Too funny. I normally don't count my general cleaning as 'exercise calories'.
    But, yesterday, I tackled my 'bad' bathroom. (No ventilation, so we had a bit a of a mold issue starting.)

I spent 6 hours!! I brought in a ladder, and scrubbed every inch of the ceiling, and walls with a mold and mildew cleaner, then followed with a regular cleaner with bleach. Then continued a VERY thorough scour of all the rest of the bathroom and floor.

My goodness, what a shoulder workout!!
    I didn't count the whole six hours, but did count 2 hours of moderate cleaning.

My kids are a bit older, but our house is a mess. They are off school today, so each have specific chores for the day. One is vacuuming the stairs. one gets to vacuum the family and living room, the other gets to do general pick-up/ tidy and dust.

They also get to start the outside decorating!!

Merry Christmas!