Carbs??? Not even close.

Options
hmiott
hmiott Posts: 8 Member
I have seen several posts from people who are going over on their carbs but still have plenty of calories left. I am just curious what they are eating to get all those carbs.

I have reviewed my food log and every day I am under my carb goal by like 30. Is this okay? I am eating like 1300-1400 calories a day because I try to eat at least half of what I burn off in excercise in addition to the 1200. I feel like I might be doing something wrong...can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP's defaults are on the higher side for carbs and lower from protein. You are doing fine, what you may want to do is change your % of Carbs/fat/protein. You can do this by going to goals, change goals, select custom and increase protein by 5% and decrease carbs by 5%, this way you will probably not come in under the carb category.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're over carbs but not calories, it's usually fruit. They're high in natural sugars but not so much on the calorie side. :) I usually go over my carbs because I eat cereal, pretzels, and whole wheat tortillas, which are all pretty low-cal.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Your food diary isn't set to public so I can't see what you're eating. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm usually close to or higher than my carb amount because I looooooove bread and bread products. I usually have toast in the morning, a sandwich in the afternoon, and some sort of bread or pasta with dinner. Meals just don't feel complete for me unless there's some bread involved. :)
  • hmiott
    hmiott Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I was so excited to find this site. Having read what you all say, I think I found my problem area. I don't eat much in the way of bread products or pasta so I don't get as many carbs. Also, I had no idea you could change the settings in your goals; I just went with whatever MFP suggested.

Thanks again!