Breakfast Ideas?

Options
Hey guys, I'm basically not a big breakfast person, usually after I've left the house and am almost at the train station I begin feeling slightly faint and have to pick up a pack of crisps or something small. I really try hard to have SOMETHING in the morning but I literally can't face normal stuff like toast or cereal so would really appreciate any ideas from you guys? I'm vegetarian (lacto-ovo so eat eggs and dairy) something quick and simple too.

Thanks!!

Maddie xxx

Replies

• Ladysquire
    Ladysquire Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey maddie

I've been having blueberry smoothies for the past week which have kept me full but are nice and easy

200mls Almond Milk (or regular)
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1tbsp Psyllium Husk (good source of fibre and keeps hunger pangs away)

Whack it all in a blender and away you go.

xx
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are a good option, but I am one who likes to chew food to feel like I've actually eaten something. LOL

Protein bars (Quest bars are quiet filling with 15+g of dietary fiber)
    Cheese w/ apples
    Toast w/ peanut butter and jelly
    Egg sandwich
    Hard boiled eggs

All the above will keep you full and make you less likely to snack later.
  • Sooze_1975
    Sooze_1975 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I always have a Cliff Organic Oats protein bar for breakfast. They are yummy! My fav is the chocolate chip :-)
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Another veg here.

I do not see any mention of calorie requirements, so I will post what I will make. Some suggestions in the 600 calorie range:

1) Bag of popcorn + 6 egg whites (or whole hard boiled eggs if you like) cooked the night before
    2) Overnight oatmeal + greek yogurt to go + peanut butter (or peanuts)
    3) Protein pancake cooked the night before + peanut butter
    4) Can of beans (drained) + greek yogurt and fruit
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    I will tell you the best advice I learned doing weight watchers...it's YOUR life, YOUR journey...YOUR weightloss, (or weight gain if that is what someone is doing) so if you are not a 'typical breakfast person' no one says you must eat eggs, cereal or oatmeal during the morning hours. It's about watching your calories and eatting nutrition rich food, if that means you wake up and prefer a turkey sandwich or a cup of soup go for it! :) I eat oatmeal at night-time a lot, but seldom in the morning! :)
  • Heather4275
    Heather4275 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not great at breakfast. The Belvita Breakfast Biscuits have been working well for me. If I'm short of time I can put a pack in my pocket and eat them on the way to work.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothies or just plain fruit.
  • sydneymatz
    Options
    Grabbing a Chobani greek yogurt from the fridge gives a nice amount of protein in the mornings, is pretty filling, and so tasty! My favorite flavor is raspberry, but they have plainer flavors too if you're not fond of sweet things. In my opinion the perfect breakfast, for a fellow anti-breakfast person- quick, tasty, variety if flavors, low cal, high protein, filling. Add this yogurt with any bar and you will be full for hours, and getting a VERY. Quick and easy valences breakfast
    Hope I helped!
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stick a banana in your bag - better for you than a bag of crisps and you can have it when you are ready for it. No prep time either.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not really so much what you eat, but when. You should try and eat within an hour of waking up.

As far as foods I usually try and mix a complex carb with a protein, so like 2 scrambled eggs on a whole grain English Muffin or toast, or on a lifting day (I workout very early in the morning) I'll mix oat flour with a scoop of whey protein for a quick boost that won't make me sick during my training.
  • CABA01
    CABA01 Posts: 33
    Options
    I prefere Banana or Cottage cheese in the morning. But must frie saussages because I need a fat meal in the morning with my medicine.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i understand where you're coming from. i have to eat very carefully first thing in the morning, because certain things (that i love any other time) turn my stomach first thing in the morning!

but, i have to say, surely if you can stomach crisps early in the morning, you can stomach a bit of dry toast, or a little bag of dry cereal
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    • Smoothies -Berries Almond Breeze Banana or own choice
    • Oatmeal - liquify so it's drinkable
    • Veggie Omelette
    • Banana / Apple
    • Boiled Eggs
    • Green Tea
    • yogurt
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    also, as someone else mentioned, you don't have to go for typical breakfast foods. if you want a cheese sandwich, have a cheese sandwich. if you want some veggies, have some veggies.. as long as you have something good in your belly to stave of the mid-morning woozies!
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I always have breakfast with quark (500 gram) and lemonade! Sometimes I use fruit, but then I also need some more time I don't really have in the mornings.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I will tell you the best advice I learned doing weight watchers...it's YOUR life, YOUR journey...YOUR weightloss, (or weight gain if that is what someone is doing) so if you are not a 'typical breakfast person' no one says you must eat eggs, cereal or oatmeal during the morning hours. It's about watching your calories and eatting nutrition rich food, if that means you wake up and prefer a turkey sandwich or a cup of soup go for it! :) I eat oatmeal at night-time a lot, but seldom in the morning! :)

Agreed! I often have oatmeal for dinner haha :)
    OP, I almost always have a smoothie for breakfast and/ or a banana, just because I too have no appetite in the morning but need to eat as i'm hypoglycemic. You could then take the smoothie with you on the train :)
  • angelkissingdevil
    angelkissingdevil Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Magic porridge, you eat it cold.

Packet of oatsosimple mixed with a muller yogurt and left in fridge over night. Stir in some berries the next day and eat it cold.

As above but you can make them into pancakes, add eggs to mixture and dry fry.

Hard boiled eggs.
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Natural yoghurt with a tablespoon of honey, and a few sunflower, pumpkin & flax seeds. Also add gogi berries or raisins occasionally for a change.
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    any protein! Keeps my tummy satisfied for hours (unlike carbs or fruit) :)
  • angelkissingdevil
    angelkissingdevil Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I totally agree x