The most you've lost in a month?

Options

Replies

• garciabnm
    Options
    believe it or not i lost 23 lbs my first month.I had alot to lose though. so being at a heavier weight, it just came off.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    135 lbs! That was in August 1989 when I got divorced!

You Lost 135 lbs in one month?

That my friend is impressive.

I think she meant the ex husband.... lol

Ex Wife actually :happy: Best weight I ever lost, 'cause I have a great wife now!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I think 10 was the most. That was a couple years ago when I was restricting calories heavily...not smart for me!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    About £ 1.7 billion. That was my last month as a hedge fund manager.
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds my first month, and plateaued immediately. Now it's in the ballpark of 4-6 a month, when I'm not just randomly plateauing.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    $8000.

Online poker is serious business.
  • Kryxx
    Kryxx Posts: 34
    Options
    15 kilograms (don't know what that is in pounds). Some hardcore trekking in north thailand for a few weeks.
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Its amazing what the body can do!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    About 50 lbs.

I got hit by a car and was completely immobile for a month. Atrophy is AMAZING for weight loss.

To clarify: I don't advocate the getting-hit-by-a-car diet, but it's certainly less stupid than some of them.
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    9lbs!
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Was losing 6-8 lbs a month for 6 months then started swimming for about 3 hours a week. About 6 weeks after starting my swims I lost 12 lbs in one month!
  • Malaika946
    Options
    Thank you for your posts!!
  • albelite
    albelite Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have only done 2 weeks so far and lost 15.7 lbs and hoping for a few more pounds by the first month or 2 stone for Xmas is that too much to hope for. I have a lot to lose and my health was suffering, so swimming is helping me now
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    20lbs my first month of calorie counting. It was mostly water weight though

Edit:
    Thinking about it now...The most ever in my life had to be 70lbs in a month. It's when I got my first ever lupus flare.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 LBS on my month long trip to Asia in 2007. I didn't exercise AT ALL and i ate TONS of food, but unless i was in a city, it was REAL food. All the food we ate while staying in the villages was basically rice, fruit and veggies, all freshly picked. The few times that we ate meat, it was walking around or swimming earlier that day. And it was not filled with growth hormones or anything else.
  • lacismomma
    Options
    I would say this has a lot to do with your exercise plan, goal, and starting weight. It's important to me to lose consistently, steadily---and not necessarily post some huge number all at once. I finally trained myself out of that mentality, and I KNOW this is a sure way to reach my goal. I'm 1/3rd of the way there!
  • Malaika946
    Options
    Wow!! Am in awe!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My most was 15 pounds, but I was very stressed at the time and completely lost my appetite (was stuck living with my ex for a month and he was NOT handling the breakup well). Other than that, 5 pounds is a good month for me. But I'm also pretty close to goal now so it's coming off slower.
  • Malaika946
    Options
    Thank you for the replies!!!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 in October, and 16 from November 1st until now .so it has slowed down quite a bit.