Exercise Diary | Calories burnt

Options
I entered the exercises completed today but didn't see any option to show or record the calories burnt per exercise, besides the cardio exercise. Non-cardio exercises eg: lat pulldowns, hanging leg raises, kettle ball swings, cable pulls. Shouldn't there be an option to show calories burnt?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The strength section is just for tracking. To enter the calorie burn you put them under cardio.
  • Rak35h
    Rak35h Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! WOW!!! 26lbs lost. Thats amazing.

I can enter the calories in the Cardio section but my problem is getting the number of calories burnt per type of strength training i complete.
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    MFP doesn't calculate that for you (I came across the exact same problem and looked at the Help button to figure it out) is says basically it is too hard to estimate calories burned because there is way to many variables. You can put in strenght training under the cardio section and it will give a very rough estimate. I went online and looked it up and just averaged...I found a formula to use (since I do more of a circuit type strength..basically you take (your weight x min x .042 )
    I hope that helps
  • Rak35h
    Rak35h Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It sure does. At least this will provide some sort of numbers.
    I've also added the Fitbit.One steps/calories tracker and connected with MFP. Let's see how that goes.
    Thanks you for your input.