Any ideas for good, healthy snacks?

Options
That pretty much says it all. I eat almonds, a ton of fruit, etc but every 3 hours I'm hungry. I'm a college student and I'm on campus for most of the day a few days a week. I eat a snack in between two classes, then a pretty good lunch (usually a veggie sub from jimmy john's or a salad and fruit). By the time I get home at 3:30 I'm starving...any suggestions?

Replies

• gran58
    gran58 Posts: 2
    Options
    Curves, popcorn only has 90 calories a bag=1 serving. Fills me up when I'm hungry.
  • sollygirl
    sollygirl Posts: 107
    Options
    I've been having a fat free chocolate pudding as a snack which also helps with my sweet tooth. Its only 80 calories and there about 4 for a dollar.
  • GreenieBean
    Options
    I love eating a banana with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Yummm
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I do celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins.
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    Apple wedges and cashew butter. Cut the wedges, squeeze with a little lemon juice (to keep from browning). Package the cashew butter in a small reusable container. Perfect for one the go snacking.

For a sweet/salty fix. Pop a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. Pour the contents out on a baking sheet. Melt 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips and drizzle over the popcorn. Let cool, package in a reusable container and you have a wonderful 300ish calorie snack that will get you through the afternoon.
  • hotsteno
    hotsteno Posts: 2
    Options
    Fruit and cheese is my favorite, especially pears and brie cheese. Presidente brie cheese comes in cute little wedges called "Wee Brie." It's fantastic and only 80 calories. Sometimes I buy the cheese sticks too and eat them with apples. I bought a little paring knife with a plastic cover on it to cut up my fruit on the go. Now, if I could just have a little glass of wine with my yummy snack! ;)
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    OK, minie is strange but its tasty. I put a little peanut butter on a slice of fat free cheese. It sounds gross but oh so good. also peanut butter with apples. I'm really into pink lady apples this year. That and popcorn. I love popcorn and I think it's high in fiber as well. Good luck!
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    :heart: 100 C Yoplait Yogurts
    :heart: 60 C Pudding
    :heart: 100 C Popcorn
    :heart: 45 C (2 Tbsp) Newmans Own Light Basalmic Vinigerette Dressing over Lettuce
    :heart: 50 C 2 Clementines
    :heart: 40 C Red Bell Pepper Raw
    :heart: 30C 2 ea Pan Roasted Deli Turkey Slices

I have so many snackies....If only I could restrain myself from eating them all day long :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AlyssaC2010
    AlyssaC2010 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...I'm definitely trying those!