eating before exercise

Options
Just wondering what everyone eats before working out---I have bosu ball class rom 5:30 pm-6:15, then zumba from 6:30-7:30. I cant have anything close to 5:30---so I try to have a large snack at around 4:30. Im running out of ideas as to what I eat---some nights I just snack before classes and instead of having dinner will have another healthy snack when I get home. If its not big enough I am starving by 7! Tonight i had a grapefruit, an amooza cheese string, a 35 cal yogurt, and a fiber one 100 cal bar.Typing all of that makes me look like a pig lol but I need something to get me through lol. Any suggestions would be ever so helpful :smile: Oh and please dont mention bananas:sick: they make me wanna gag if I eat one then work out

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    before i exercise i just eat an apple. full of energy and somewhat filling gets me through my workout without being hungry
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    I normally go to the gym/classes in the am.. So I norm have a low fat/multi grain waffle w/ a .5 tsp of peanut butter.. I also norm take a snack w/ me, banana, clementine, protein bar, or grapes for after my work out or mid way through.. If I go to a class in the pm, Normally something w/ protein.. if I eat dinner before hand, I don't over do it.. Just something light, so i don't feel sick during or after.. then definately a small light snack for after the workout.
  • mydarkdesirex
    mydarkdesirex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My weight loss forum Ditch The Diets always told me to eat (if possible) some healthy carbs/protein 2 hours before exercise so say eggs with a piece of rye bread for breakfast then exercise, and then 45 minutes after exercise so your muscles can recover, so some tuna or something on crackers.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I normally eat a banana or energy bar about 15 to 20 minutes before I start a workout. They're full of energy and give me the boost I need to get the most out of my workout.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I work out (or go to ballet class) right after work, so about 2 hours before that I eat a greek yogurt and maybe a granola bar too (if I'm really hungry). I can't really eat too much other than that because I have a sensitive stomach and I've found greek yogurt and granola bars are the only things I can eat before a workout that won't make my stomach upset. I tried a fiber one bar once....BIG mistake!!! :(

Edited to add that if I do a 5K race in the morning, I have a slice of light wheat bread with 1 tbsp of peanut butter on it about 1.5-2hrs before the race and have had no problems.