A group for food intolerance's?

Options
Is there an active group for food intolerance's? I currently have issues with gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, that I know of for sure. Some days it feels like I can't eat much of anything but fruit, course eating a lot of that causes other issues cause of all the sugar. I have come to terms with the gluten as it's been two years, but this past year has been all the other stuff added on to my list and it's just so overwhelming at times.

Replies

• alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    There are a couple, but posts are limited. The Gluten Free one is the most active. Search "intolerance" under groups and they will come up. Feel free to add me if you want. I'm in the same boat with allergies to wheat, soy, corn derivates and dairy.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been going through much the same thing...gluten for about 1 and 1/2 years, OAS (oral allergy syndrome) that keeps progressing and expanding for about 5 years. I am constantly battling with what I can and cannot eat...it seems to be constantly morphing and changing.

2 weeks ago potatoes became a problem (Before I couldn't prepare them or touch them in their raw state but could still eat them cooked. Yesterday I reacted to strawberries. So far its raw carrots, raw celery, under-ripe stone fruit, raw green beans, raw snap peas, anything that touches raw potato has to be washed thoroughly before I can enter the kitchen or I get hives...food prep is critical so I can't eat at potlucks or anyone elses house ever unless I bring my own food. And the list could continue...

We had a family function yesterday and I ate some strawberries AFTER I personally re-washed them so that I KNEW that they were washed and 20 min. later my hubby could see the physical reaction start before I felt it. I always have to carry benadryl with me now. NOT fun. Feel free to add me!
  • Beckycm1971
    Beckycm1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • seajasna
    seajasna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also have quite a bit of food intolerances. Dairy,chocolate, coconut milk some fruits ,walnuts list seems to get bigger every month. My doctor says it could be due to stress. I am getting allergy testing done,but have had my Chiropractor test me for intolerances and some vitamins and medicine have been on my list as well. I feel for all of you! Some days I just feel like I don't know what to eat. I take this natural antihistimine called D-Hist from my chiropractor and can tolerate some of the foods on my intolerance list. You can also purchase it online at VitaCost.com. Kinda expensive $37 a bottle ,but worth it.