Coffee?

Options
just curious to know how many cups of coffee a day is okay to have? i usually like mine 2 sugars. 2 cream.
i love coffee but i have cut back so much and i keep getting cravings of it.
what do i do?

Replies

• coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as too much coffee.

Go ahead, have another one! Coffee is the cure of all ailments!
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Start drinking it black. When you don't have to worry about the extra fat and sugar, moderate intake can actually have some great benefits.
  • craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    just curious to know how many cups of coffee a day is okay to have? i usually like mine 2 sugars. 2 cream.
    i love coffee but i have cut back so much and i keep getting cravings of it.
    what do i do?

I have a French breakfast every day (which consists of black coffee..... And that's it)
    And then maybe I'll have an afternoon coffee. Not to wake me up, I just like the taste.

It's possible to drink too much coffee - the point you're drinking too much is when you're RELYING on it to get you through the day. It should be an enjoyable indulgence, not a requirement.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I think most people here will say as long as it fits into your numbers, go for it.

I started cutting back on my coffee before I started changing my eating habits, and I'm now down to one travel mug in the morning (16oz), then I have a cup of decaf in the evening when I get home from work. I was probably having 64 or more ounces of coffee a day before.

I find I sleep much better now :D

As far as additives, I hate sugar in coffee and tea, so i don't go there. I use a half serving of half and half in each cup, but there is almost nothing in the numbers for half and half, so it fits in with my daily amounts.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Start drinking it black. When you don't have to worry about the extra fat and sugar, moderate intake can actually have some great benefits.
    This!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I don't skimp on my coffee. I drink however much I need that day but I am careful about keeping it with moderation on sugar and other additives.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I drink at minimum a pot a day. No cream, no sugar.....black and strong.

No ill effects to date.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I live for coffee. Drink black coffee 3-4 cups everyday with a touch of honey or Natural Bliss creamer. I do cut off at noon so I make sure I get a good nights sleep.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 4 cups a day, and I have a bit of milk in it, no sugar. I can't stand sugar in coffee, it ruins the taste. And I don't get this American obsession with creamers. What is wrong with plain old milk?

I switched to decaff in my first pregnancy, but I have to admit to still drinking normal coffee 2nd time round! Ooops!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I LOVE COFFEE!!!!! I trained myself to take it black (only 2 calories/cup) occasionally I'll have it w/ sugarfree coffeemate (15cal/tbsp) and sometimes skim milk, sugar or sweetener. On the days i add stuff to it I just drink it in moderation.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You lucky ducks!!

I have always WANTED to be a coffee drinker, but really didn't like it (but LOVE the smell). Now I want it, but I make it pretty much like a candy bar, with half and half and sugar...

In the last two years, I've discovered that my body is irritatingly sensitive to coffee. I can't have more than one cup, and none after about 9 or 10 am. If I do...I'm jittery and paranoid (seriously crazy!) and I can't sleep for 13 hours or so after drinking it.

NOW--I have adrenal fatigue and my mind would LOVE some coffee (to jump start the adrenaline) but my body knows that if I drink it I'll crash and be extremely tired and feel sick.

SO...it's water for me...
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't skimp on my coffee. I drink however much I need that day but I am careful about keeping it with moderation on sugar and other additives.

^^This!

I love coffee, and I'm a total grump if I don't have my morning hit... and my midmorning and afternoon cups as well. I only use creamer or sugar and milk in the morning cup though, and I drink it black the rest of the day. But really, sugar only has 15 calories ina teaspoon, and a tablespoon or two of milk is pretty low too. There are lots of other places to cut calories, so I won't sacrifice my coffee! :smile:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have 3-4 cups a day each with a serving of Nectresse.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    So long as you're not going over your calorie allowance, as many cups as you like.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    ALL THE COFFEE.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

Ditto!
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    None.

I drink maybe 1 or 2 cups of decaf tea a day and the rest is white tea, green tea or a herbal infusion.

I hate how coffee makes me feel.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Coffee is important! I read that if you go 24 hours without coffee, you die. I for one never intend to find out!
  • Hawnpunch22
    Options
    Coffee is great. Caffeine serves as both a pick me up and an appetite suppressant. The downfall for most is the added sugar and cream or whatever fancies up a coffee. Start drinking it black and enjoy to your hearts content. Just remember if you find yourself awake at 3am, washing all the neighbors cars, and wind up face flat in your living room at noon the next day you may want to back it down a bit.