Weekend Trouble

Options
I can't seem to stay on track on the weekends. My hubby and I are off of work n we eat out sleep shop n eat more Lol I don't log in and I'M totally thrown off by Monday. I've tried to not do this but for some reason I think o well I did great all week so I deserve at least the weekends but the truth is I'M just using that as an excuse to avoid eating and exercising rite like I do during the week days! So am I alone on this? And if not how do you all keep your selves focussed and on track during the weekends? How can I help myself stop bull******!ng Friday through Sunday?? Heeeeelllppp!!!???

Replies

• jodyheumantwins
    Options
    same problem here, but i only do it on sat and sun, and i try to eat a little healthier or i just eat less and take it home as a snack and most of the time my husband or kids get to my left overs before i get to it, but eatting less and trying to eat like a salad or taking the bun off of a burger or ordering water instead of soda, just little things to help lower the calories, i don't track on weekends unless i have time and that way i don't freak out when i am over, but i do try to cut, but i like having my weekends to splurge a little so i don't get bannanas during the week when i am strick on my diet, that way i can have cheese sticks or nachoes etc, it is good to have a little away time, hope you keep up the hard work, you can do it with a little bit of grit, good luck
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Same story here sister. We love to lay around and cook and eat together and even tho he's supportive its hard. The best thing that has worked for me was getting him to download the app and explaining to him how it bad Monday is when u've got a food hangover...any way u can get him interested in a healthy eating plan? Maybe compromise with splurging for brunch?

I love brunch.
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I definitely share your pain! Weekends are sooo hard. :( Here are a few ideas...

I absolutely NEED to track exactly what I eat on weekends so that I can fully comprehend the "damage" I've done and evaluate whether it was worth it.... useful information to know for the next time I feel tempted by a Timmie's doughnut.

On weekends if you sleep in a little bit it may be easier/better to have a decently healthy late-morning brunch, skip lunch, and perhaps have an earlier dinner.

When you're travelling around to various shops or whatever, make sure you take healthy protein bars or fruit etc. in the car with you. It can make the Timmie's doughnuts slightly less appealing... (there's a theme here... can you guess what my weakness is?)

One other thing I've REALLY found that helps me is to decide in advance if I'm going to "fall off the wagon" on Friday night, Saturday night, or Sunday night.... BUT NOT ALL THREE. Usually it depends if we're going out with friends (usually on a Saturday) or to relatives' house for dinner (usually a Sunday).

Good luck! It's not easy. :flowerforyou:
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ugh, weekends are the worst for sure!

Here's what I (aim lol) to do:
    1.) Before going out shopping instead of going for fast food or a big meal, eat a healthier big meal before you go out (I almost always have a bowl of oatmeal before I leave), and then tell yourselves you'll have some coffee or frozen yogurt while out. And like others said make sure you've packed healthier snacks.

2.) If you'd like to eat out together, then try and look ahead online to find some healthier options.

3.) Remember to keep your water bottle with you at ALL times, and try and tell yourself for every hour out you'll drink one bottle's worth, etc.

4.) Plan exercises together. I like to hike/walk with people. Can talk the whole time and get some fresh air! Or plan some holiday shopping and pack some gum/mints. Or if you have a gym membership get in your work out early!

5.) I think a lot of the time we over do it on the weekends, because during the week we're always so go go go and try and eat whenever we can in our small spare time. Then when the weekend comes around, we've trained that rest time = food time. So if you can get on a schedule with your food it will really help. Say make sure you have some sort of food every 3 hours.

Best of luck to you!
  • kevinkalis
    Options
    I struggle with the exact same thing on my days off. I've basically got too much time and I invariably start thinking about food.

I'd suggest finding a hobby, anything that you can look forward to and will keep you occupied for a few hours. Hiking, running etc etc.