cheat day

Options
So I realised today I haven't had a day off from the gym in over a week. I've been eating relaly really welland today I decided to take off the gym and was craving yogurt and dried fruit and I think I went a bit over board!! I had a huge bowl of chobani yogurt and loads of dried fruit and nuts. The rest of my food today was a small bowl of granola, salad, apple and some chicken peppers salsa and mushrooms. I feel guilty because of the high calories and carbs in the fruit and nuts...should I just put it behind me and move on?? Its not liek I went out and binged on a McDonalds meal but still..a lot of fruit and nuts is pretty bad right?

Replies

• BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's in the past, leave it there and continue kicking *kitten*.

Plus from what I've read once your metabolism kicks into gear 1 day a week won't hold you back from your goals.
  • queensturg
    Options
    That still sounds really healthy! Yogurt, dried fruits and nuts are all good things to eat, I know that they're high in carbs and fat, but still, they're "healthier" carbs and fats than junk foods are, and are high in protein and nutrients. Even if you went over your food goals a bit, one day won't hurt you, a lot of people do a regular "cheat" day so that they don't feel deprived of their favorite foods. The important thing is to eat healthy consistently overall, and as long as you're doing that, taking a day off now and then is absolutely fine :)