how often do you weigh yourself

Options
I am just wondering....how often do you weigh yourself? I don't like to weigh myself daily because I am not interested in the tiny little bumps in the road. Any thoughts?

Replies

• majorfortuna
    Options
    To be honest I weigh myself every morning before I start the day, it keeps me motivated to know that if I eat bad at night (my biggest rough patch) I'll see it in the morning, but I only record my weight down every week so the overall progress comes through.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I do every morning. It reminds me why I'm doing this. Not because of the scale, it just keeps my honest. I fluctuate all the time though. I can drop 3 pounds in a day and gain just as much. I don't count my weigh in for being "real" unless I hit that number 3 times in a row (185.3, 185.6, 185.1)
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    every morning, i guess its personal preference, i think the important thing is to do it at the same time of the day every time you weigh yourself :)
  • mfdl1
    mfdl1 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi,i don't weigh myself,i would hate to see the scales suffer,lol,but now that I have joined this site I suppose I will do it once a week.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    my husband weighs every day. I don't know how he does it though - all that bumping around would drive me crazy.

My weigh-in day is usually Monday or Tuesday at Weight Watchers.
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Once a week works for me. My weight fluctuates a lot during the week. Monday morning when I wake up seems to work the best. I have noticed when I weigh myself daily I get discouraged because of all the fluctuations that occur.
  • BrockNRoll
    BrockNRoll Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. For me, I want to know daily and quickly if something that I'm doing isn't working. I don't want to get a week down the road, weigh, and find out that I've gained 2 pounds. Sometimes it's frustrating, but it keeps me motivated.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh myself once a week - MAYBE twice. But no more than that.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    once a week on the same scale everytime.
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    every morning!! also helps me stay on track. if i see that number move up, it motivates me to want to eat well that day.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I only record my weight once a week, but I weigh myself daily...I just like to see the daily fluctuations. Gives me a sense of security I suppose.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    To be honest I weigh myself every morning before I start the day, it keeps me motivated to know that if I eat bad at night (my biggest rough patch) I'll see it in the morning, but I only record my weight down every week so the overall progress comes through.

Same here
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Every 2 weeks, sometimes a month with an impedance scale but i measure myself every week.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Tuesdays. That works for me.
  • agesab621
    agesab621 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning on the same scale. That way, I can get right back on track if I see the numbers moving in the wrong direction. It's too easy for me to let a 3 lb weight gain turn into a 5 lb weight gain or a 10 lb weight gain. I've been down that road before and don't want to go there again.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Once every 4 weeks....less stressing out :tongue:
  • adm603
    adm603 Posts: 48
    Options
    I also weigh every morning first thing before I do anything on the same scale and same spot. I need to know if I am down a few ounces or up. then I know what I can and can't eat. I am all about positive reinforcements. My friend tells me I am nuts but I don't think I could not weigh myself everyday.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily first thing in the morning. I'm completely fascinated by all of the ups and downs. When I see a lower number I record it. I will not record again until the number drops again. That keeps me motivated.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I just weigh bananas. Not me.