Obesity...Cancer...Did you know? I didn't...

Options
Because sometimes writing a blog is just not enough. I'm no drama queen, but I do make an effort to be informed. In this instance, I was not.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aliciagetshealthy/view/obesity-cancer-why-didn-t-i-know-this-452647

Information matters.

Replies

• Tazzymk
    Tazzymk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother and hope she pulls though okay. :heart:
    This is the reason I'm losing weight, my mother died of breast cancer when she was only 43. As I have a high risk off getting it too I want to do everything I can to reduce this risk. You can check out my profile if you want it shows it in my goals.
    As I understand it, it's also where you carry the weight as well that increases the risk. Weight around your middle is the worst.
    Good idea to share this information.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I do appreciate it.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow, no I did not know that at all. Thanks so much for posting this. Interesting to note that cancers of the female reproductive system are mostly all listed there.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I hope everything has gone well.

In regards to your further research, I would recommend reading the "Perfect Health Diet" (they have a website, but you'll want to read the book - I got it from the library) as well as "Why We Get Fat". Put the info from both together, and the indirect link between obesity and cancer should make more sense.