Military Spouse

Options
Hi! I'm curious to know how many other spouses are dealing with a deployment right now. My husband and I are - thankfully coming to an end of this deployment. I am a vegan, but would appreciate ANY and ALL support and advice from anyone in the military. My husband is a Medic in the Army. I would love more military and/or spouses as friends. :)

Replies

• xxloveiswarr
    Options
    Nearing the end of a deployment myself! Husbands been overseas for several months. Mostly vegetarian, but I eat fish every now and then. Only been a military spouse for about a year and I still don't know anything, but feel free to add me!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Army wife here! Not going through a deployment, but we are dealing with being stationed overseas in Guam. I can't complain about it though! So far I'm enjoying it = )
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Army wife here hubby just got home from deployment in May it can be really hard! I gained like 40 pounds from eating my emotions and well being lazy and not cooking lol. Add me as a friend if you need support and hang in there!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I think there's a military group on here
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    im gonna be a linguist for military organizations.
    just saying :)
  • LoveMyArmyMedic
    LoveMyArmyMedic Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ;) GO you!!
  • kerrosmrs
    Options
    Navy wife here. My husband is posted to a ship next March for 18 months. Not at sea the whole time but it's our first time through it. I will send you a friend request. Always nice to talk to people who have been through it. Mel
  • LoveMyArmyMedic
    Options
    I'm an Army brat. My dad retired from the Army and I vowed never to date anyone in the military. As luck would have it, I fell in love with my high school sweetheart and he joined... Agh... never say never... ;)
  • LoveMyArmyMedic
    Options
    I understand your pain! This isn't an easy life by any means. I hope we can support one another. Much love and luck to you. You WILL get through this (I have to tell myself this daily). I may not be much, but I'm here to support you!!
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Army wife here. Dealing with deployment. We are almost half way through now. I am trying very hard to lose this weigh before he comes home. I have my good days and my very bad days. If you want to add me, feel free. We can support each other in weight loss and deployment matters. =)
  • LoveMyArmyMedic
    Options
    I would love to add you! Sending a friend request right now!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm an Army brat. My dad retired from the Army and I vowed never to date anyone in the military. As luck would have it, I fell in love with my high school sweetheart and he joined... Agh... never say never... ;)
    I'm an Air Force brat myself. I wasn't really LOOKING to marry into the military, but it happened ; )
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Army wife here!
    My husband isn't deployed but will be in the near future! This will be his 4th tour.

Not new to the military; I have 8 brothers and all but 2 joined the military.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Nearing the end of a deployment myself! Husbands been overseas for several months. Mostly vegetarian, but I eat fish every now and then. Only been a military spouse for about a year and I still don't know anything, but feel free to add me!

I've been married 3 years and I'm still learning new things!!
  • deeestrada
    Options
    I have been a military spouse for 18 out of the 26 years we have been married. Army wife, proud of it. God knows it hasnt been the easiest but it's an interesting way of life. My trouble? I eat when I am happy so I lose weight when he is deployed and then eat my self to 20 lbs of overweight when he is home. :embarassed: New to MFP but so far it's doing the trick.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a Navy wife AND I am also in the Navy. I have been a navy brat all of my life, wasn't looking into marrying a navy guy, it just happend. I am going through work ups with my husband, most things don't come to me as surprise anymore and I have tons of connections. I have just learned to roll with the tide and not get stressed out about it. ANYONE can add me, I am losing baby weight plus some. I eat more when I am sad and alone, so him leaving all of the time is hard on me. Go figure. Well I have an open diary and willing to give support and advice to anyone. Hope to hear from ya'll soon!
  • Blondie_05
    Options
    I'm an Army Brat who met & fell in love with a soldier. We just finished our 3rd deployment & I'm looking forward to spending the holidays with him. :) We've been together for 5 1/2 years & have no kids yet..(he's been gone... :( ) Any wives/daughters,mothers,sisters wanna add me go ahead! Always looking for new friends. :)
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently deployed and has been for I think about 7 months now! 2 more months left! I cannot wait for it to be over! It has been an emotional roller coaster but I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to loose the weight since I just had out son right before he left. It sucks he only saw our son for two weeks and then had to leave :( Here for support if anyone wants to add me ! :)
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    Marine corps wife here. Getting ready to go active in about 6 weeks and moving from illinois to cali
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    my partner was in the Marine Corps for 6 years, we now live in Canada with 3 children (thats where my weight came in fast). Not so much dealing with deployment as much, but we have been moving around, getting situated, dealing with ptsd, & other major changes etc...both of our weight(s) fluxuate rapidly on & off for the past few months. Its crazy lifestyle; I was once 125, 152 after my first born, up 181 after my second born, down 135, up 185 after my third, almost hit 200's, now Im sitting in the 170's----feel free to add me