Support friends needed

Options
In today's world it is so hard to eat right and exercise.. and my problem.. staying focused and motivated.
I work full time and have two toddlers and I feel like I have a full plate. By the end of the day I am zonked.
Looking for support and tips to help stay motivated. It is definitely hard doing it all on your own but I am
trying!

Help :)

Replies

• pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tell us a little about your goals and objectives. I am trying to lose 65-80 pounds and also have difficulty with motivation. I work fulltime and teach two evening classes. I also commute 40 minutes back and forth daily so my "free" time is eaten up with travel. I hope to get to know your goals so that I can encourage you along the way! Good luck. Keep up the hard work!
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    send me a request, I'll freind you
  • sunshinefrei
    Options
    feel free to add me as friend.
  • lconnor61
    Options
    I joined in October 2012 after a doctors appointment that included the dreaded weigh in. I was so upset with my weight that I started dieting that day. I have lost 10 pounds already and have dropped a whole jean size. Don't get discouraged, even when you feel like you are doing this by yourself, remember, your are also doing this FOR yourself and that makes it all worth while.

Linda C.
  • kschueller
    kschueller Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Always happy to help support someone in this transition. Feel free to add me!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Just start out with little changes. When I started in March of this year, I weighed 338 pounds and was exhausted all the time. I work full time running a 911 center, and I have four kids. I am married but my husband is gone a lot for work, so it is frequently just the kids and I. When I started I said I did not have time for exercise, so I just started changing my diet. I lost the first 50 pounds without a bit of exercise, by making better food choices. Then I started to feel a lot better and MADE time for exercise. You can do it too, you might just have to take small steps so it does not seem so overwhelming.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I work full-time, 3 kids, and full time college student so I completely understand where you are coming from. Honestly what is working for me is waking up an hour early and exercising. It's really hard some morning's but I know it's out of the way and if I have time to do more in the evening I do. It's nice knowing if you have a killer day that your workout is done!
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    Just start out with little changes. When I started in March of this year, I weighed 338 pounds and was exhausted all the time. I work full time running a 911 center, and I have four kids. I am married but my husband is gone a lot for work, so it is frequently just the kids and I. When I started I said I did not have time for exercise, so I just started changing my diet. I lost the first 50 pounds without a bit of exercise, by making better food choices. Then I started to feel a lot better and MADE time for exercise. You can do it too, you might just have to take small steps so it does not seem so overwhelming.

This is a great idea! Once you start noticing your energy level increasing and changes in your body, motivation comes more easily!
  • shannee10
    Options
    All I can say is early morning work out! You have started the day off right, its done so no worries. I also like to do this so i know exactly what my calorie count is for the day and plan out my entire day, so no room for failure. Three weeks to change a habit, you can do it!! Please feel free to add me.
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    All I can say is early morning work out! You have started the day off right, its done so no worries. I also like to do this so i know exactly what my calorie count is for the day and plan out my entire day, so no room for failure. Three weeks to change a habit, you can do it!! Please feel free to add me.

This /\
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys too (14mos & 4 yrs), I work full time and I go to grad school - So I FEEL YA! Friend me if you'd like. I try to fit things in when I can but I'm NOT a die-hard anymore. I do agree with some of the other comments - Early morning workouts & accountability/support. :-)
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I work fulltime and have a 3 & 7 year. I know it is hard. Early morning workouts are a must for me too. Mine are done before anyone else is out of bed. Evenings are filled up with my children's activities and getting ready for the next day.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I have to second or third the early morning workouts; I lost 35 lbs doing this. I was commuting 3-4 hours per day and working >50 hours per week. I packed my breakfast, lunch, 2 healthy snacks and dinner when I knew there was a good chance I was working passed 6pm. All the while; I did still have responsibilities at home (pre-teen or teenager...sorry at this point I can't remember how old he was LOL).

You can do it...
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I just started a week ago, but its already working! I will be starting the fat burning pilates routine as soon as my back spams stop. Hopefully soon! :)
  • mmolenda06
    mmolenda06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message. I'm also just starting out and have a two-year-old and a busy household. I work full-time and commute, but I'm commited to this. I go to the gym with my boyfriend after our son goes to bed (SIL stays with him) and I'm finding I have more energy and I'm generally happier.