Water

Options
I have been trying to get all of my water in during the day, but lately I have been getting really tired of just plain old water - What else can I drink the counts as water. I need something with a little more pep and flavor to change things up during the day. What do you drink when you are bored with water?

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Herbal tea packets - usually flavored or green tea.

I also like the Gatorade G2
  • aisha11188
    Options
    Hi, I am drinking Robinsons Ribena diluted drink but I also drink a lot of water expecially at the gym.
    Try green tea if you dont already ;-)
  • heathercolem
    Options
    Add a slice of lime or orange to your water. You can also add some club soda to a little bit of juice- 1/4 cup cranberry juice (to save some calories) and 3/4 club soda. Add some lime and you have something that's a little more interesting than regular water. Do you like Crystal Light type drinks? You could also add some club soda to that for a little bit of carbonation.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    First- add flavor to your water-add fresh mint, lime/lemon/orange/apple slices, grapes...all the add flavor with almost no calories and no added chemicals (ie: crystal light)
    Second- Tisanes (called herbal tea by everyone else, lol)...these are purly herbs and flowers...no caffiene.
    Those are the only two things I count as my water concumption. If I have a glass or almond or soy milk-it's a 'regular drink' not water.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's gonna sound weird, but I promise it's delicious...add some cucumber peel to your water. It's really sweet and refreshing.
  • haleysman
    haleysman Posts: 48
    Options
    i actually like water with a little wedge of lemon floating in it, never get sick of it, read somewhere that you should drink 1/2 your weight in oz, for me at around 200# that means 100 oz of water which is about 12.5 glasses a day, even stopped snacking and just drinking and it seems to be helping a lot, don't know if that will help, but like i said lemon wedge does it for me, all i drink is coffee in the morning and water all day long, totally cut out pop completely and when i did i dropped 10 # right away
  • lovetodance
    Options
    Crystal Light has come out with the individual packets that can be carried in your purse. They come in a variety of flavors! good!:smile:
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips - I'm definitely going to try some of them - I really like the ideas of adding things to flavor regular water. I try to stay away from the Crystal Light because of the chemical sweetners. I like a more natural approach - I'm going to try green tea as well. Thanks for the tips - you guys are great!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    It's gonna sound weird, but I promise it's delicious...add some cucumber peel to your water. It's really sweet and refreshing.

Sooo refreshing too!! I love it in the summer time.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Propel Powder Packets--tastes good and very low cal, low sugar & has vitamins & antioxidants in it.
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Did you stop drinking regular pop or diet?
  • heather62803
    Options
    Did you stop drinking regular pop or diet?

Yes - that was one of the first things I cut out - I don't drink any. Right now I primarily drink water, coffee, and skim milk. For a treat once in a while I'll have Chocolate Skim milk. I'm going to try Green Tea and maybe some of the other powder packets suggested, but I don't like to use a lot of chemical sweetners - which is why I don't drink diet sodas. I do use one splenda packet in my coffee, but thats it.
  • heather62803
    Options
    Ok so I didn't have any lemon, lime, oranges, or cucumbers on hand (all of which I plan to try to add to my water when I get to the store) but I did have some strawberries. I cut a few into slices tossed them into my water and it was great - I even refilled my cup without adding more strawberries. Awesome - thanks for all your suggestions! I'm a much happier water drinker today! :happy:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Ok so I didn't have any lemon, lime, oranges, or cucumbers on hand (all of which I plan to try to add to my water when I get to the store) but I did have some strawberries. I cut a few into slices tossed them into my water and it was great - I even refilled my cup without adding more strawberries. Awesome - thanks for all your suggestions! I'm a much happier water drinker today! :happy:

Also...along with the strawberries...add some fresh mint if you have any...it's wonderful togeather.
  • haleysman
    haleysman Posts: 48
    Options
    another thing to try is 'sassy water' or 'skinny water' i remember reading about it in a post a while back, not sure which one, but if you do a search here on the site it should take you to the post or thread and it had a recipe in there, i never tried it but some people swore by it. from what i remember it was water with lemon and cucumber and mint supposedly also good for flushing sodium from your system as well....good luck
    This post is from Gennyvieve from another thread and I thought it might be something for you to consider:
    ....... Also, i'm totally pimping out the Sassy Water from the flat-belly diet book, i lost 4 pounds last week and all my measurements were smaller and i think it's from the sassy water---i totally feel less puffy! ......

The Sassy Water Recipe

2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups--I use my koolaid pitcher)
    1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
    1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
    12 small spearmint leaves.

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.

Drink the entire pitcher by the end of each day.