NSV/SV From A Physically Challenged Person

Options
BigDnSW
BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
NSV/SV: OK, this is meant to encourage ALL of you. For those of you who don't know me, I was in two very not cool accidents and have been on the recovery/rehab trail since 2001. Unless a miracle happens, will just have to deal with it with a :happy: for the rest of my life. Well, I pushed away from my desk for my morning break with Dog (she's my long time office partner). Went outside and it was totally beautiful and a nice 52 degrees. So, the new recumbent bike I just purchased had to wait. I decided while I can and my back and legs cooperate, I'd walk. I felt so great I actually did a light jog for half the walk. First time in 11 years I was able to run..only recently have I been able to walk without a cane. I will ALWAYS face physical challenges as many of you do. So will you without them.

Point being, since I have joined MFP, the support and care from my MFP friends has been totally AWESOME! Whether good days or bad, happy or sad...you have been here with me on my journey. And, if my weight holds the same as yesterday and today...will report a long term goal tomorrow. I have no false hopes, somedays will be what they are. But today, I celebrate being able to run again, even if it was a short distance with some great jazz and thoughts of you and SW (SuperWife) in my head. Thank you! And I could not have ever even got here out of the "chair" without SW. "They" said...they were wrong....

Submitted with a heart of gratitude!

Big D

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Big D, you've warmed my heart this chilly December day! Great NSV! (and SV!)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Inspirational post. Thank you for sharing it.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love your heart of gratitude and your never ending admiration for SW. A good day indeed!
  • broodmom
    Options
    Congrats! You have a great attitude and it's nice to hear that it's having results. My daughter has constant pain from a nerve condition caused by an accident, and it always amazes me how she refuses to let it get her down and soldiers on regardless. Hope that you have many successes in the future, even little ones.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a little morning motivation and inspiration.
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    Honestly, it helps to have a great partner in life...I am the lucky one here. Thanks so much! Oh, speaking of SW, not Dog...but Dog rocks as well :wink:
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I AM YELLING AND CHEERING IN PURE JOY& AWE from Wisconsin!!! I know you can surely hear you all the way in Arkie-SAW!!

Definately have SW give you a huge BEAR HUG from me!!!! Since I am too far away to do so!!!That is the BEST NEWS I have heard all day!! You made my day yesterday about my profile pic and now I will rejoice in your joy today!! You are a wonderful friend!! And you continue to inspire and support, and encourage me. Positive thinking will win!!!! Love ya Bud!!!!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! Love your love for your SW! Love your outlook and perspective!

Thank you for the inspirational post.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You are ROCKING this and there is NOTHING "disabled" about you! Differently abled maybe...physically challenged sure...but your attitude MORE than makes up for it ALL! (and that will teach us all not to listen to "them"...when "they" say we can''t!)

I'm so PROUD of you and all you are doing and your tremendous commitment! I am honored to call you friend!
    (eager to see that fitbit report from your RUN!!! WOWZA!!!! you RAN!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    LIKE LIKE LIKE
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    Thanks again to all of you...you made my day even better!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, sounds like you have a fab wife and a great mental attitude! We need more people like you on here, big WELL DONE and thanks for sharing :D
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    I finally got to try out the new recumbent stationary bike yesterday. Loved it and does not hurt back and leg...however, after 11 years...are my legs out of shape! Hah! Will just have to pace myself and in time, I'll get there. Thanks again and to quote Andy Dufresne, "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!