Post Baby Weight

Options
I am 8 months out post partum. I have lost some weight, but I am not where I want to be. How long did it take you guys to meet your prebaby weight/goal weight!

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    About 8 years. But I think that's a bit extreme :wink:
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am about the same as you. I am still working on my baby weight loss...I am about three pounds away THEN I want to lose some more.
  • debjgray
    Options
    Was a long time ago (1982) but I think it took over a year +. If you keep working on it, it will come off.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    With my first all the weight and then some came off with no effort at all in about six months. With the second, every last pound is clinging on for dear life. my youngest daughter is now 18 mos old and i still have about 30 lbs to lose but i have only actually been trying to lose for the past six months with some cardio and alot of strength training and i have lost about 10lbs and put on a good deal of muscle.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    My baby turned 12 years old in August. I finally weigh less than I did when I first became pregnant. :happy:
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 10 months PP and 5lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained about 46lbs but to be honest I didn't even bother trying to lose the weight until I was about 6/7 months PP.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My little girl just turned three. I'm still fighting the baby belly. :P But then, I don't expect to get to my PPW either - I was SUPER fit, and tiny. 122 at 5'4, and a lot of leg muscle! There wasn't a pinchable spot on my body, aside from *ahem* the ladies. So I'm looking less toward hitting that goal than just losing the jiggle.
  • tamerita48
    tamerita48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's been a long road, but I know I can do it!!!
  • chellylinette
    Options
    I had my second daughter 6 months ago and I'm still 25 pounds away from before I had my first daughter 2 years ago. It's hard taking care of little ones, working, and finding time to still get in some exercising and staying on top of eating more healthy stuff than junk. Especially when your 2 year old likes to make you eat whatever snacks you give her, haha. After I had my first daughter, it took me a year to lose 30 pounds and I still had 30 more to go. This was with poor eating and no exercise. It took me 6 months to get back to my weight from when I got pregnant with my second. The belly has been the hardest to lose. I seem to be losing the weight everywhere but my belly! At this point I agree, it's more about losing this darned belly than getting to my ideal weight.

It's a long hard journey but everyone will get there :)
  • juststace
    Options
    I gave birth to twin boys last October. I've lost 56, but I have about 12 to go to be pre-baby weight. I'd like to lose 35 more beyond that. It's so much harder than I thought it would be- I work full time and they are definitely a second full-time job. :)
  • Vivi666
    Options
    I gave birth last October. In 2 months I have lost all the weight gain during my pregnancy. I gained 35 pounds... What I did is eating healthy, doing 3 work out exercice of 30 min per week. But I am a tall woman with a strong body. I always did a lot of sport before my pregnancy and I still do sports when baby is assleep.

I am sure you can do it!!!

Cheers!!!
  • runsforbubbles
    runsforbubbles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am working on it now. My son is 11 months old. I have about 30 poiunds to go. I have already lost 20 from the day he was born
  • tamerita48
    tamerita48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I gained 25 pounds during pregnancy, however I suffered from SEVERE preeclampsia and was unable to do much from 6 months on til delivery, then was on restrictions til' 6 months out. I worked out diligently pre baby and had very good eating habits, I just feel "mushy" compared to before, and I know my body will probably never be the same. I am currently starting a biggest loser program to help shed the extra weight and get in better shape! I appreciate all the encouragement. I have about 5-10 pounds I would like to lose, then a couple more to be smaller than I was prebaby!