First Tall Boots - yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    First of all....you look beautiful :smile: They are a little wide at the top, if you are feeling a little self conscious about them try them out with some black stockings, will make your legs look longer :wink:

This! I was thinking black stockings or tights. Love boots...all boots....especially tall ones. You can rock it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think they look great. Yeah, they're a little bit at the top, but that just means you have room to wear them over a pair of skinny jeans.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You look fine in them.. I can't until my calves are small enough to wear some...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So cute!!!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I say keep them but I love boots and have about 6 or so....I'm wearing one now and have 2 other pairs in my car (you never know what you might feel like wearing when you leave the gym LOL) You can wear them with jeans and a teeshirt too
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I agree with the darker tight idea. I also have huge calves, I found some great boots at jessicalondon.com., prices aren't bad either!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You are definitely rocking the tall boots! Keep!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are smiling, so yeah.
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    First of all....you look beautiful :smile: They are a little wide at the top, if you are feeling a little self conscious about them try them out with some black stockings, will make your legs look longer :wink:

This! I was thinking black stockings or tights. Love boots...all boots....especially tall ones. You can rock it!

Seems like I got the black tights/leggings suggestions from multiple people. I'll give it a shot.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options

tall boots look good with that outfit, but they look a little loose at the top? that might bug me,.

Yeah.. they are definitely a little loose at the top. The problem is that I have really wide calves (16") so I need to buy wide calf boots to have them fit and can therefore only buy on zappos for the most part.

Zappos has boots that fit a wide calf?? My calves are 17" and I can't get any of them zipped up :(
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great!!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Yay! I like them!

I like that they look a little loose, then you can put pants in them!! Mine are too tight at the calf at the moment
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options

tall boots look good with that outfit, but they look a little loose at the top? that might bug me,.

Yeah.. they are definitely a little loose at the top. The problem is that I have really wide calves (16") so I need to buy wide calf boots to have them fit and can therefore only buy on zappos for the most part.

Zappos has boots that fit a wide calf?? My calves are 17" and I can't get any of them zipped up :(

Yes, they even have extra wide calf boots. Just go there and search wide calf boots and you'll see them.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    love the boots but not with that outfit (riding boots with business/ pencil skirt? no) Pair them with leggings, layered shirt/sweater, and a scarf. YOU look great though!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    yay...and u can throw on some tights or leggings and a sweater and theyll look great too. boots are so easy to dress up. layer up for the cold!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Love the tall boots - they look great with the outfit, but I think those particular pair are too loose at the top.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    They look great! I'm loving how popular boots are. Makes it so much more comfortable to dress up in the winter!

I think the look would be more cohesive with black tights or leggings.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Looks good! Would look even better with a shorter skirt! :happy:
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You look great, they'll be perfect with skinny jeans, and, before you say anything, you MOST CERTAINLY have the figure for them!!!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    they look good, i wish i could wear them but my legs are too short lol