First Tall Boots - yay or nay?

Options
13»

Replies

• bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to tell from just one picture, maybe you could send some additional ones to my inbox.

:wink:
  • sarah6336
    sarah6336 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tall boots are great. For wide calf boots, you can also go to DSW. They have nice boots... Order online to get the best selection of sizes.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Boots of all heights are my favorite. You can never have too many boots.

You can also wear them with a skinny jean, since you have extra room at the top. (If you find the right jean & top, anyone can wear a skinny).

Also, tights. And not necesarily black. There are so many colors and patterns available. And I also love the idea of tights with long socks over (in a different color, contrsating or complimentary) that peek out from under the boot. I would so do this if I had boots that were a bit wider at the top. :smile:

Boots just offer so many options!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Excellent! So much fun, isnt it?

I just bought my first pair in 7 years, AND with a bit of a heel!
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    black skirt just above the knee + black tights + high black boots = great staple look for the northeast. Rock It!

Tall boots like yours also look great with a mid-calf black skirt: very convenient for snowy or crappy days where you just want to wear boots all day at work, but don't want any leg showing. Can't go wrong with black boots in NYC, and any kind of skirt.
  • MsSapphire429
    MsSapphire429 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like the boots. I understand you normally buy wide calf, but maybe in this boot you can do regular, as it also depends on the maker. Otherwise...I love the boots, may just go find me a pair...but, only keep them if you are committed to wearing them. Otherwise you are wasting money, and causing yourself frustration. I've been there done that...
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    LOVE them!

In fact, I would wear that outfit, with thigh-highs because my knees would get cold... and layering is ALWAYS good for the winter!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I like them, a lot. Though, I'm partial to a heeled knee high boot with skirts, as opposed to riding boots. But that's just me.
  • aardy2012
    Options
    So there are more girls out there with chunky calves!! I have the hardest time finding boots!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    they look great! Rock them!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I like them, a lot. Though, I'm partial to a heeled knee high boot with skirts, as opposed to riding boots. But that's just me.

do you like mine?
    they can be adjusted in the back OR folded over..I:heart: them!
    IMGP5649_zps6b80aade.jpg
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Get boots with a zipper AND laces then you can get them over your calf and tighten them with the laces. I have had the same pair of high boots for close to 20 years from my thinnest @130 to @235 they fit without a problem ;)

Like this 771722.jpg?1351357642
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

do you like mine?
    they can be adjusted in the back OR folded over..I:heart: them!
    IMGP5649_zps6b80aade.jpg
    You KNOW I love yours.
  • diana776
    Options
    yay! love them :D
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    yay boots.. I now have 3 pair of high boots to wear since losing weight.. Would never even catch me in heels before..lol