canned salmon. what to do with it?

Options
13»

Replies

• smileMOR
    Options
    i must know how this is done! sounds delicious!
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    First cut hole in box....
  • smileMOR
    Options
  • telam1186
    Options
    Add an egg, a little flour, form into little patties, salt and pepper and place in a pan of a little canola oil. Fry until crispy. Awesome!!!
  • Jojo2k11
    Options
  • MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My mom makes a salmon salad.
    Sliced Red Onions, Sliced Hard Boiled Eggs, Canned Salmon, Minced Garlic and EVOO...served warm over rice! DELISH!!!
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

I concur! I made some salmon croquettes last week. I would suggest to remove as much bone and the skin!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Throw it out?

My mother ruined canned salmon for me when she tried to make a salmon loaf. You know, like a meat loaf but with salmon. That killed it for me...

My mom used to make salmon loaf....I haven't eaten it since.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I make salmon patties. I saw a recipe for a soup that used canned salmon, but I never tried it.
  • samba1510
    samba1510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Do you have a cat you don't like??
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Can you (sqeeze out the liquid) do a nice saute with great spices, then put it on top of a huge green salad?

(only thinking........actually i can't tolerate salmon in any form) :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • __F4t2f1t__
    Options
    Love me some canned salmon...eat it!

I just open up the can and go to town.

eeewwwwww
  • Egg white omelet with tuna (put the tuna on the flat egg once the egg has cooked), add vegetables (I add spinach, red pepper and onion), sprinkle some oregano, then close the omelet and put salsa on top! The salsa honestly makes it so yummy, and salsa is low calorie.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone who gave me ideas and recipes and links. Awesome. Think I'll try the patties (or cakes) first.
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I make salmon loaf and use most of the bones, I just don't use the little round ones if there are any, they are a little harder. I save the juice and add a little milk, an egg I think, chopped onion, cracker crumbs and bake. I'm trying to write down these ingredients from memory so I may have forgotten something. I'll let you know later the exact amounts etc. I don't happen to have a can on hand at the moment but I usually do have. It's good and good for you!:smile:
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Fish pate: pick out the skin and the large spine bones. leave all the small ones for calcium. Mash up with some flavoured low fat soft cheese (Philadelphia type) and black pepper if you wish.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Allergic.

Use it as a doorstop.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The salmon from Trader Joe's had no skin or bones in it. I made salmon patties tonight (salmon, egg, cracker crumbs, minced and sauteed onion). Excellent. I'll be doing it again soon.