What am I doing wrong?

Options
I just wanted to see what you all thought. I have been on myfitnesspal for about 3 weeks but was excercising before I started this. I have not been tracking the food very well but I am consistently conscious of my caloric intake. I have made it to the gym at least 3 times a week, cardio for at least 30 minutes each time, sometimes an hour. I also play drums at band practice for 2 hours on tuesdays and 3 on Saturdays. I have included veggies and salads for my lunch, I don't pig out and I have cut out chips and lots of sugars. I'm hungry all the time. I don't take supplements and I don't have unneccesary liquid calories. I drink a jug of water (74.4 ounces) pretty much every day. I have only lost about .4 pounds but mostly just stay at my weight.

My questions are just that. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to take supplements? Do I need a metabolism boost? Do I need to start lifting? How do I start lifting? I used to lift years ago and I am afraid I have forgotten. I am trying to drop 40+ pounds. I know it needs to be a slow weight loss or it will come back but i'm afraid I have plateaued before I really even started.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    WHat are you doing wrong?

Answer: " I have not been tracking the food very well "

This entire website is dedicated to that. =/
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    First of all, you said you haven't been very consistent with your food logging. I know you think you know what your caloric intake it, but log it anyway. I know it sucks and it's why it took me so long to get into this site, but the more you do it the easier it gets. Try that first. You may be having more than you think or you may be having too little. That's what I'd try first.
  • TooMuchMe88
    Options
    I hate doing it myself, but food tracking is a must.
    switch up what you do at the gym (ex: extra cardio- time/speed/incline, add weights, take a class) If you consistently do the same thing at the gym, eventually your muscles get used to it and sort of zone out. You need to keep them guessing :)
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a broken record, it IS the food tracking. I have been down this road myself.

The more certain you are about what goes into your body the better your results will be. Get a food scale and test yourself. See how much 4oz of meat really is. Start looking up the calories for things you eat and be honest about it. I'd be willing to bet that by not accurately logging you are probably off by 250-500 cals a day.

Track EVERY DAY for the next 30 days and then look back and see if there was a change. I can pretty much promise you there will be.