How's my diet journal?

Options

Replies

• DeniseMCronin
    DeniseMCronin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You also seem to be drinking too much water. Stick to 8-10 glasses per day. You are eating so little that with that amount of water flushing through your system you will be washing out essential nutrients before they have time to be absorbed
  • DeniseMCronin
    DeniseMCronin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Almonds are high in fat though right? That's not so good I thought

Nuts and seeds have good fats
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Almonds are high in fat though right? That's not so good I thought

Yep. They are. Nothing wrong with that, though. Fat's good for you - seriously, the whole "fat is evil" and "fat will make you fat" BS was killed years ago.
    Don't overanalyse these things, dude. Just eat. It's fun.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal gave me the calorie estimate so I think I'll trust it ;) I was eating way less before like 250-500 calories so it can't get any worse eh?
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    My question is, assuming your picture is current, why are you trying to lose 25 pounds?
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Myfitnesspal gave me the calorie estimate so I think I'll trust it ;) I was eating way less before like 250-500 calories so it can't get any worse eh?
    Alright, stepping in here.
    250 Calories a day? That, my dear boy is disordered eating. and NOT healthy. You need to seek professional help or consult a DR about nutrition and the right kind of diet for you.
  • Shadowknight137
    Options

...wut?

Yeah... It can get worse, actually. Why do I think this? Let's see.

I notice you snack a lot. Particularly on gum. I'm pretty sure the reason for this is because you're starving yourself, and your body is screaming for food. One day you're probably gonna end up going normally with your "diet", as usual, and then you'll snap and eat everything in sight. A binge. Odds are - if you have an ED, which I'm now starting to suspect you do (logging gum cals/having previously eaten so little/setting your current cal goal to be that of someone half your height and weight) - you'll end up purging too. Or you'll restrict and not eat for a week. And then it'll happen all over again.
    You don't want that. Trust me.

Sure, I might be pushing it here, but I've got a friend who suffers from ED, and believe me - it's not worth it. Just eat. There's no profit in being skinny, take my word on it. You look gaunt enough; you'll be all bones, no muscle at 130lbs.
    I'm also gonna guess you've lost alot of weight recently, perhaps because you felt bad about yourself before? Just another guess. But you need to stop now. Before it becomes obsessive, and before it takes over your life.
  • VeinsAndBones
    Options
    I dieted for about 3 months and lost just over 67lbs, I was 227lbs before, all I need is remembering that and my cravings go away and I tried the binge thing ended up throwing up lol so don't think I'll be doing that again ;)
  • VeinsAndBones
    Options
    Also if I don't drink enough water I thought you had too much sodium which caused water retention?
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Troll. :angry:
  • VeinsAndBones
    Options
    Troll? I've got before and after pics if you want them :)
  • Shadowknight137
    Options
    I don't.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Part of the problem with thinking you won't binge is when you are forcing yourself on such a low calorie goal is that your body can override you and actually *make* you eat. People forget that we are, at our cores, biological MACHINES programmed with a viscous self-preservation instinct. Starve yourself long enough and your body will fight back. And if it wins - that means binging, which means reliving the spiral of self-hate all over again. If you win, that means not eating - and gone on long enough, it WILL kill you.

Your admittance of eating under 300 calories a day points to an eating disorder. Your wish to be an unhealthily low weight points to an eating disorder. You will find that while the members here at MFP are more than happy to help you with healthy goals, they've seen enough sickness in their time here to be able to pick up on when someone is NOT being healthy.
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    Katzmeier: I think it might be a good idea for you to sit down with your doctor and have him evaluate where you are weight wise and get some professional advice about what, if anything you need to do from here.

Your posts raises some serious questions - a guess I have is that your mind hasn't caught on to the idea that your body is now skinny. In other words, you still see that 227 pound guy when you look in the mirror.

If that's true, it's very natural - a lot of people go through it. Myself included several years ago when I lost 50 pounds.

Given what you've posted, I'm not sure that the board is in the best position to help you. I think you need to talk this through with a medical professional and get next steps on eating properly and seeing yourself for who you really are - a lean 18 year old.

Good luck, my friend. Keep us posted.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I get your concerns about gaining weight back... that's every former-fatty's biggest fear, but you need to listen to some of these folks (who are giving you some really sound advice). You could wind up harming your body in irreparable ways if you don't start making smarter decisions.

1) I get that sometimes you're just not hungry. Thats ok. But you're not eating enough. Solution: eat foods that are more nutrient rich and focus less on "low cal". For instance. Add a cup of regular plain yogurt to your breakfast (not lowfat). This will add some great variety to your diet without filling you...

2) Also, you need to increase your fiber intake... fresh is best. More fresh fruit. Rather than popping a piece of gum into your mouth, try eating a piece of fruit or a carrot. These are two options that are still quite low in calories, but have the vitamins and fiber that your diet is currently lacking.

3) Finally, you need to lower your sodium levels. They are quite high in when averaged out agains the rest of your caloric intake.

I suspect you anticipated we would react this way. Knowing the sort of general advice that goes down on MFP, you probably knew that you'd have two dozen posts telling you "dude, you're skinny! eat more!!"... I'm not sure why you need to hear that, but I second what others have said: if you are serious about living a healthy lifestyle, you need to make an appointment with a nutritionist/dr and get some professional counsel.

:flowerforyou:
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I don't think you are eating enough either...under 800 calories yesterday? That's pretty tough!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    You need to eat more. You don't have a lot of weight to lose, set your goals to either 0.5lb or 1lb/week, and eat all your calories.

Other than increasing quantity, it's looking okay - protein and veggies. But yeah, eat more.

^^^ THIS EAT MORE
  • dhv5688
    dhv5688 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with everyone that you need to eat more. Losing all of the weight you have is great, but if you want to lose more, I would focus on getting in some good weight lifting and eating more lean meats and veggies. Even adding in a bit more complex carbs would do you some good. Your body needs nutrition otherwise you'll go into starvation mode and instead of losing weight, you'll gain it back, your body will just start retaining everything you eat.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Alright, stepping in here.
    250 Calories a day? That, my dear boy is disordered eating. and NOT healthy. You need to seek professional help or consult a DR about nutrition and the right kind of diet for you.
    How have you not died yet? Seriously? If you want to be incredibly thin, fine. You could even eat 1,500 and lose weight for heavens sake!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This has got to be a joke! Seriously...
This discussion has been closed.