What time is breakfast?

Options
I used to wake up and eat breakfast or get ready for work and then eat breakfast. Lately, I leave the house for work, drink coffee in the car and eat breakfast at work. It makes the wait for lunch shorter and I'm not usually that hungry before breakfast.

What do you do?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Noon
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Whenever you decide to eat after a period of time has elapsed.

Could be in the morning, could be the middle of the day, could be at midnight. Varies.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I wake up and eat immediately.
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    An hour after I have taken my thyroid medication in the morning, whenever that is.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Any time between 12am and 11.59pm.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee with a teaspoon of sugar and couple tablespoons of skim milk on my way into work so about 7 a.m. I don't actually eat anything till lunch/noon.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I eat about two hours after I wake up.
  • tasiamere
    Options
    I used to wake up and eat breakfast or get ready for work and then eat breakfast. Lately, I leave the house for work, drink coffee in the car and eat breakfast at work. It makes the wait for lunch shorter and I'm not usually that hungry before breakfast.

What do you do?
    absolute same thing
  • JaseyMakesHerMove
    Options
    In my diary I have it as any meal taking place between 6am and 11am. Before 6 it's a snack (I stay up really late and don't pay mind to all that advice about not snacking before bed.)
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I drink my tea at 7:30AM and relax for about 15 mins before my daughter gets up.
    I eat breakfast at work around 9:30A-10:30A

I like eating a little later in the morning because then I'm cutting out a mid-morning snack so more calories for the rest of the day.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I sort of have a two part breakfast, cause I get up really early. I get up at 430 and shower, and usually eat a banana and have some almond milk. Then when I get to work (usually around 730), I eat my oatmeal that I have made and taken with me. I used to eat my whole breakfast early, but this means I get ready to eat lunch really earlier, so doing it the new way works much better for me
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My "real" breakfast is at 11 during the week, noonish on the weekends, which just gets logged as lunch. I'll have a glass of milk or a protein shake after my workout, but that's my first real "meal".
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am an evening person, so I'm never really hungry until after lunch. I don't like 'running on empty' though, so I have a bit of breakfast at 6:30 before going to university.

I suffer from terrible hunger after dinner though, so I try to eat dinner as late as I can (usually around 8pm). That way there are less hours between dinner and bed in which to snack.

My mum suffers from hunger between dinner and bed, too, like me. However, she eats dinner really early, at about 5:30pm, because she 'gets hungry'. So she ends up almost having ANOTHER dinner between then and bed - something like a sandwich or cheese on toast or some crisps and fruit and chocolate etc etc. This is why she isn't losing weight.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I start drink my Shakeology in the car around 7:30 and finish it off at work, then have my snack around 9:30-10. On the weekends it's a little later (and might be different) then that since we can sleep in a little bit and not have to rush around.

ETA: I usually get up between 6:30-7 during the week.
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wake around 5:30 and go about my morning, have my coffee but don't have breakfast until about 9:30. I tried eating at 7 before work but I didn't like doing it that way.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Half past...never.

I don't eat breakfast. I have coffee, though. Lots of coffee.

I eat a moderate lunch, typically between 250 - 300 cals, then a decent dinner.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i am HUNGRY when i wake up. i usually eat right away, unless i'm exercising. i eat after my shower in that case.

i also have hypoglycemia.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Whatever that first bite of food is in the day, no matter what time it is? That's breakfast.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Any time between 12am and 11.59pm.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I have a 1/2 scoop protein powder & water in the AM just before I workout at home, then get ready for work & follow what you basically do: cup of decaf coffee with raw cacao powder, cinnamon & flax milk on the way in then true bfast while I start my day at work. Lately, I've been missing my AM snack as when I get hungry it's almost lunch time, so I just eat lunch earlier instead.

Pretty much I end up eating or having a protein shake about every 3 hours which stops me from noshing on the stuff that got me fat in the first place.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I like to exercise on an empty stomach, so breakfast is usually 1-1/2 to 2 hours after I get up. Unless I work a 6am shift, then I just cram something into my mouth as soon as I wake up.