Replies

• _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    no
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I agree you seem to be eating too little. Try to substitute processed foods with whole foods. Any little additive makes a difference. Instead of presliced lunch meat (which has high salt, etc.) try chicken breast. Instead of white bread slices (no real nutritional value) try to make a wrap with romaine lettuce or a heavy grain bread (I personally don't eat bread at all). Instead of white rice, try brown rice. Please eat breakfast with your coffee. Try a 3 egg omlette (chop up onion, green peppers, left over chicken, etc) or yogurt (I liked greek yogurt like Fage). It's better to add your own fruit then buy them with fruit. Double or triple your veggie intake to help fill your plate. I use a lot of frozen Steamfresh veggies (steam in a bag in a microwave). I'll eat half a bag for dinner a few times a week for dinner with my chicken, tilipia, or salmon. I live for salads, so try a dark green salad (heavy with spinach or romane) and add a couple ounces of tuna with vinagarette dressings. One of my favorite salads is: 50/50 mix spinach ready mix (Dole or Fresh Express brand), 5 oz or chicken breast (seasoned with pepper and salt-free McCormics), 1 oz. whole almonds (natural, no salt), and a apple cut up into pieces. I use Kraft Tomato Basil and Ken's Raspberry vinagarette fairly frequently. Last but not least, make sure you drink a whole lot of water. I drink water all day out of a waterbottle with a straw in it. It has side measurements so I can ensure I'm getting my whole 80oz in. Good luck!

All very good ideas. I agree with you maybe eating too little. Also agree with only doing one workout a day. Your doing enough and when you work out like that daily, you may not be giving your body enough time to repair and aid its self. Ive noticed that if i focus on trying to go over on my protein levels, and workout 30mins- 45 mins every day (give one rest day) then weight comes of naturally.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE!!!!! Eat breakfast also.... I sent u a letter on your page-
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    More lean protein (80-100g/day at least)

More water

Less Sodium (set up MFP to track)

Clean it up (less pre processed, synthetic or sugar-free)

I personally had to cut out items I am sensitive to like sugar alcohols/artificial sweeteners, dairy and just about all my wheat.

More weight training/heavier weights. Think of the times you are hauling a kid on one hip and a diaper bag on your shoulder. That is way more than 5 lbs. Challenge yourself safely.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    2 things:

Where's your fiber?

Where's your veg? I mean real veg not beans which are a protein...where's the green, yellow, red, orange, purple, blue stuff? My diary is open....I'm not perfect but you're welcome to look at my days.

I highly recommend adding some raw vegetables into your diet; also I didn't notice if you were tracking sodium but if you are eating a lot of canned foods (not sure how you are making the beans, enchiladas, etc); most canned foods, unless you are careful what you buy...are LOADED with sodium...and you will retain a ton of water because of it.

You actually do not need to workout 2x per day to lose weight...but I guarantee if you substitute more raw vegetables and higher fiber (whole grain) products for the white flour products...you'll see a difference in your weight the first 7 days.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wasnt clear on your workout. If its only interval training thats a good start but you need to get in more cardio if you really want this to work for you and eat breakfast and veggies. You say you do 40 mins of cardio I would shoot for an hour because when you stop at 40 mins you are missing that last few minute burn. Also if possible get a heart rate monitor then you will know exactly how many calories you burn and can adjust your eating. That should do the trick for you. Ive been there Im sure its hard to get your workouts in with the kids but many gyms in the area have daycare available (my kids made great friends at the gym daycare) like Transformations. If you cant do the gym get some videos to do while the baby is sleeping.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary since Sunday and I don't see many healthy meals.

I'm going to be blunt (like I am with my best friend)... you eat like crap you will not get the results you want.

First of all, cut down on the cheese, no more deli meats. Most cheeses are processed and deli meat is high in sodium.
    Second, do not stick another piece of WHITE bread in your mouth. It's garbage.
    Third, no more fast food. Not even once a week. Cut that down to ONCE a month, max.
    Fourth, stop skipping breakfast. You need that nutrition to get you going in the morning. If you have a hard time eating, get yourself a protein shake and have that. Something with some type of nutrients, not just a coffee.
    Fifth, Eat More Vegetables! Salad for lunch AND dinner! Even if it's just a cup of leafs, it's better then onion rings.
    Sixth, if the food lasts a LONG TIME, imagine what that looks like on the inside? Stay away from processed foods - no more Kraft Dinner or Riceroni (I can't spell it because I don't eat it)
    Seventh, Almonds are made to be almonds, not roasted - eating them roasted takes away all of the nutritional value - raw only.
    Eight, Ground beef is awful for you - try to sub it for lean ground chicken
    Ninth, no more oodles of noodles - no noodles unless they are WHOLE WHEAT
    Tenth, no more coke or soda of any sort - if you like the gasiness, try having Perrier (I'm slowly getting into coke zero and I'm cutting it out completely!)
    Eleventh, Tostitos are fine - WHOLE WHEAT... none of that corn or flour crap
    Twelth, no chips - if you want chips try rice cakes, if that doesn't cut it then at least get the baked chips

ok, I'm stoping there. Also, you need to eat more. You need to start having hearty wholsome meals or you're going to turn your insides into a mess.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wasnt clear on your workout. If its only interval training thats a good start but you need to get in more cardio if you really want this to work for you and eat breakfast and veggies. You say you do 40 mins of cardio I would shoot for an hour because when you stop at 40 mins you are missing that last few minute burn. Also if possible get a heart rate monitor then you will know exactly how many calories you burn and can adjust your eating. That should do the trick for you. Ive been there Im sure its hard to get your workouts in with the kids but many gyms in the area have daycare available (my kids made great friends at the gym daycare) like Transformations. If you cant do the gym get some videos to do while the baby is sleeping.

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/topic/38-nutrition-lifestyle.aspx

Less cardio, more weights. Fat loss > weight loss. Also, if you increase exercise, you have to increase calories otherwise, you increase the chances of your body catabolizing lean body mass.
  • adm603
    adm603 Posts: 48
    Options
    I agree with everyone eat more, but you also need to drink more water. Water is key. You gain weight when you are dehydrated and you don't even know it. Keep the sodium down and eat more veggies. I snack every 2 hrs. Sometimes I am too full to eat, but you have to eat to lose. Sounds so strange, but it is true. When you work out use weights it helps develop the lean muscle. You gotta trust us :)
  • dynamicwon
    Options

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/topic/38-nutrition-lifestyle.aspx

Less cardio, more weights. Fat loss > weight loss. Also, if you increase exercise, you have to increase calories otherwise, you increase the chances of your body catabolizing lean body mass.
  • EmmalineHarris
    Options
    bump
  • dynamicwon
    Options
    I should say Im in maintenance and thats what works for me. Everyone is different but a heart rate monitor will give you an accurate calorie burn count.
  • chaosrocks
    Options
    Where is your nutrition!?
    It seems then only things on your log supplying you with nutrition is maybe your chicken breast, and if it's 100% natural your peanut butter.
    Start by replacing even the little snacks with healthy ones, such as berries or nuts.
    Coffee is also healthy if you don't add cream or sugar..
    Good luck!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    More lean protein (80-100g/day at least)

More water

Less Sodium (set up MFP to track)

Clean it up (less pre processed, synthetic or sugar-free)

I personally had to cut out items I am sensitive to like sugar alcohols/artificial sweeteners, dairy and just about all my wheat.

More weight training/heavier weights. Think of the times you are hauling a kid on one hip and a diaper bag on your shoulder. That is way more than 5 lbs. Challenge yourself safely.

I agree with all of this.
  • tamerita48
    tamerita48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You need to increase your intake to at least 1200 kcal/day. With you exercising twice/day, your calorie needs are increased. Also your protein sources aren't coming from the BEST choices either. Increase good proteins, such as low fat dairy's, lean meats, beans, nuts. Increasing vegetables and fruits will also help!
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I think you may be eating too little.

If you have a few moments, please read this piece; it's one of the most helpful posts we have and it might get you re-calibrated into a healthier, weight-lossier set of habits.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Spot on for my calculations according to what my trainer recommends food wise!! And exercise. I will refer this to EVERYONE I know!

I am 5'1 and currently 204. I train/workout 4-5 days a week and current BF % is 31.5% (as of last night I believe). My trainer has be drinking 5 32oz water bottles a day, eating 1750 cals, 160g carbs, 49g fat, 131g protein, and I am burning between 500-1000 calories every time I am at the gym. Days I don't go, I cut my calories down by 300-400. I recently dropped by carbs from 190g to 160g and within 4 days of eater the lower amount I dropped 2 lbs. My workouts are a combo of Circuit/Cardio with Strength training.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    First of all, you must be honest with yourself about what you are eating... The cheese enchilada at 58 calories is not accurate... the tortilla is 50 at least to start add cheese, sauce, spices... difficult to picture for under 100... Several other meals and dishes have the same ? forming in my mind... I see very little fruit or veggie in your diet... A place to start would be listing every ingredient you put into your own cooked food into MFP diary and then calculate the total rather than going off of someone else's calorie count. There are better choices for fast food... best that I've found is crunchy fresco tacos at Taco Bell and Grilled Chicken Salad w/o dressing at Subway... Add a good choice if you need the dressing. A 210 calorie tortilla for breakfast... instead try 1 corn tortilla or a La Tortilla Factory mini low carb tortilla either is 50 calories... top with 1/8 cup refried beans, one egg poached or fried with pam, half slice of lean ham, 1/8th avocado, 1 Tbsp greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp salsa... About 200 calories. If you can plan in fruits and veggies you will eat more food that tastes better, provides better nutrients, and is more satisfying.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Things that I picked out-
    You often skip breakfast. Breakfast really does wonders for kick-starting your metabolism.
    A lot of your foods are highly-processed, high carb, and high-sodium. I recommend getting a little more clean food in there.
    Make sure you give your body a rest day. I used to think this was stupid, because the more you work out, the more you should lose... maybe in theory, but our bodies often don't respond well to that.
    Something I found very helpful was calorie cycling. I used this site: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm and put in my weight, height, how often I exercised, and just ate the amount it told me. It really helped me break through a plateau that I hit.

I hope that was helpful- above all, make good choices, and make changes you are willing to stick with in order to keep the weight from coming back once you start losing it!

Your metabolism never stops. And breakfast doesn't do anything for it. Meal frequency and meal timing are completely irrelevant when it comes to weight loss.

QFT

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs. Not enough protein. Too many processed foods. Go for fresh veggies and some fruit and lean protein sources, and limit refined carbs. The main problem is your diet, but if you're also working out twice a day, that's too much.
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you said you are bad with veggies....

set yourself challange to try as many different type of fruit and vegetables as possible. and for veggies try different cooking techniques. Try at least once and you will definitely find some that you actually like. ;)