New Car Suggestions

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you need. I got a 2013 Mustang GT this summer, and it is an awesome car. Fast, and fun, but you can only fit 4 people and only if the 2 in back are small. My wife has a Ford Flex with the EcoBoost motor and All-Wheel Drive, and it will haul 7 and is still fast and fun. We really like both of them.

If that's your car in the sig, that color is awesome! Those Stangs are beautiful machines. Love those sequential blinkers, too.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander. LOVE IT!!! The day I got it, my neighbor came running over & said OMG, did you buy a Lexus?
    It is roomy, rides like a dream and is really great looking. Decent gas mileage, about 23 mpg. Hav enot looked at 2013 models so I don't know if they have changed much but definitely worth checking out.

Oops, forgot to add, I have a summer camp 110 miles away from home that I go to every weekend. I have pleanty of room for my 2 dogs, coolers & stuff. Travels great on PA mountain roads.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali. If I had all the money, ever, and didn't have to worry about gas.

Realistically, a Subaru Impreza sedan in light blue with tan cloth interior and navigation.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to get a top quality car for $35,000?

Yes, a low mileage used Infiniti G37x or M35x.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Go Audi or BMW for that money. Not a huge fan of Mercs but you could look there too.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I love Toyota Camry. Have you searched autotrader.com? That's where I bought mine from a private seller. It worked out wonderfully.

Edit to say that I do a lot of road trips and driving and previously drove a Camry. This is why I went for another one again because they serve me well.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2012 Audi A8L. I could never afford it. But, I rented a 2010 in Vegas and it was the hottest car I have ever been in. And all the valets treated me like a queen and kept it parked by the door the whole stay at Mandalay Bay.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have a trusty Explorer and I love it.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Chrysler 300....luxury interior like the big names but for the price you mentioned...and that is brand new! Check into it!
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Just bought a Hyundai Santa Fe for under that with all the bells and whistles. Very nice car.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    a stock nissan 370z, just for the sexiness
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Where did you purchase your car? From a dealer or private seller? It's been 7 years since I purchase a car and a lot has change.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Chrysler 300....luxury interior like the big names but for the price you mentioned...and that is brand new! Check into it!

Perfect suggestion. Pure sexiness
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Loved my Buick! Put over 255,000 miles on it before the body started going. The engine--a 3800 is AMAZING! Great mileage, but not a show stopper--just a nice comfy ride. Son's got a Chevy Impala that's pushing 300,000 still looks and runs great. As for dream cars-- a 57' Chevy Bel Air -- a '66 Mustang blue with white broad stripes! :) Love the looks of the new Mustangs, too. Most recent car purchase to replace my Buick is a Chevy Impala--looks nice and great mileage. My Daughter purchased a year old Impala and loves hers, too. Son-in-law to be has a Pontiac Bonneville pushing 300,000 and it still looks great. What ever you decide just make sure it's what your looking for and suits you and your budget. :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Either a Nissan Juke or an upgraded version of my current car; Dodge Caliber.
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love the BMW....I'm on my 2nd one
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    2012 Cheverlet Silverado 4x4 and the luxery package,Black,6 inch lift,fender welds,glassback pipes,side steps, rims,cromed out,an awesome stereo system, touch screen radio, camo trim with browning seatcovers with the pink symbol and the pink chevy bowtie on the outside of the truck!.

aka, big truck.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Don't buy BMW or AUDI because their parts are way over-priced.
    Don't buy Dodge because the quality is crap.
    If you go GM, don't buy anything more than 3 or 4 years old.
    If you go Toyota or Honda, don't buy anything after 2011.

Me? I'd go with a 2010 Civic or Carolla.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

At that price, used, and good gas mileage since you travel- maybe a nice Nissan Maxima.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Well... Wife has a fuel efficient grocery getter & runabout. I've got a truck for trash & hauling firewood. Got the 280Z & Monster 750 for fun. Next on the list? Late 80s Aston Martin Lagonda,

JM