How long to get to goal weight after baby?!

Options
can some of you tell me how long it took to get back into shape after having a baby? I'm three months postpartum and still have a way to go :(

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I am 10 months postpartum and still have a long way to go
  • jediharrison
    Options
    Did you gain a lot during pregnancy? I gained 65
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to loose the weight
  • jediharrison
    Options
    A year? Ok, I'll have to be patient then. I was aiming for six months but I don't think that is realistic, ha.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I gained 50lbs but I was pregnant with twins
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Assume at least 9-10 months. That's how long it took you to gain it right?? It took me 10 months to lose baby weight then I had a period of rebound. Now I'm just about back to where I want to be. Be patient. The slower you take it off the higher the likely hood of keeping it off. Be the tortoise :) slow and steady wins the race.
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It depends on how dedicated u r and if you were overweight before u got pregnant
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    With all 3 of my babies, I was back to pre-pregnancy weight within 6 months. If you nurse your baby, it melts right off.
    I gained between 45-50 lbs with each of them.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I gained 45 pounds with my first and 25 with my second. I had them within 2 years of each other, and I am now 13 months postpartum with my second, and I have lost all the weight, but I am still trying to tone up. Feel free to add me!
  • katymlivingston
    katymlivingston Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 pounds with baby #1. I lost 35 of it when she was 9 months old and I found out I was pregnant with baby #2! I also gained another 40 with the second one. It has been six months now, and I have lost all 40 (thanks to MFP), but I still have that lingering 5 pounds from the first one and haven't toned up at ALL. Reasonably though, I would give myself 9 or 10 months. Good luck!
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    About 14 years. :-)
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    still trying to loose the extra pounds i gained with the twins 2 years ago ... i gained about 80 pounds

edited for typo
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That answer is so subjective and varied-even in the same mommy!!! Just my last 2 pregnancies:
    #3-started at 164, gained about 40'ish.....by 11 mos pp I was at 150. No exercise. No diet. Nothing! Just nursing.

*****enter zoloft into my life******

Started out on my 4th pregnancy at 189'ish :/ (surprise pregnancy) and am just now at 169. With A TON of work. Diet, exercise, etc. And he's 3. Blah. Of course I had to take zoloft the entire time I nursed him. I think that has something to do with it. Weaned him at 18 mos to switch to prozac and started killing myself with working out, etc....still have about 20 lbs to go-although I HAVE technically lost the pregnancy weight.

So, work at it but give yourself a break! It's a lot about hormones, etc too! 3 mos is a very short time! And enjoy that baby!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A year? Ok, I'll have to be patient then. I was aiming for six months but I don't think that is realistic, ha.

think of it like this.. it takes 9months to gain the weight should take 9months to lose it :) do it safely your body will be kinder to you
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i gained 40 pounds, 15 pounds to go 4.5monthspp :( im gettn there slowly ( profile pic is me before bubs it my goal pic)
  • kekevela
    kekevela Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 lbs with my first and 35 with my second. Lost it all in 6-8 weeks.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's been 26 years for me :frown:
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I gained about 45lbs with my son. I took the full 8 weeks off after he was born but a month after going back to work I lost all the weight I had gained. I had a VERY active job though so losing the baby weight would all depend on how your daily life goes as well as how much time you plan on putting in to getting back into shape. Same with any weight loss I guess.
  • DesireeBoils
    Options
    I had 3 kids in 5 years and I never fully lost the weight after each one, now my youngest child is almost 2 and have been really trying to loose weight for 3 month's now and I've discovered that if I go slow about the weight loss then it's going to stay off, and that way I can tone up as I go and I won' be flabby but thin, good luck and just set very small goals for yourself, you'll get there soon enough!
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy, She'll be 1 on December 30th and I'm 5lbs from goal. I also had periods where I wasn't eating as well as I should have been and periods where I wasn't working out as much as I should have so it's taking awhile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!