What is your favorite tasty hot tea?

Options

Replies

• cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    I love Teavana. They've got a great variety of teas. I like the Wild Orange Wulong Oolong, Youthberry White and most of all the Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate (great plain, hot or cold)
    Today I had a delightful cup of Stash Creme Caramel and loved that as well.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    another vote for apple cinnamon tea!!! so delish on these cold fall days! also recently found that my local grocery store sells individual tea bags, so have been working my way through Stash tea - they have an aromatic spiced chai tea as well

my other fav is the tazo chai, just made myself another cup! anyone else take advantage of Starbucks BOGO tea sale! YAY!! :drinker:
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like the Acai Pomegranate Blueberry green tea
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    You can order incredible varieties or even create your own custom tea blends at Adagio Teas (http://www.adagio.com)

I've got one I made called Decaf Dessert, which I think is self-explanatory!

Some of my faves there are Decaf Earl Vanille and anything they do with Honeybush or Rooibos. They've even got chocolate and hazelnut tea blends. Basically, they are tea gods, and you owe it to yourself to check them out.
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You had me at tea. :smile:

Disclaimer: I'm a tea snob, so please read the following with a grain (or ten) of humor. People should enjoy whatever tea they like, but to me, tea is Serious Business, and nothing but the best will do for me.

I drink my tea English Style: with a splash (about a tbs) of milk (never cream or half and half, if I can prevent it) and a standard white sugar cube. In MFP, my black tea recipe is 36 calories. Because I sweeten my tea, it has to stand up to the dilution, so I prefer flavored black teas, in the vanilla/chocolate/caramel/malt/nut ranges. Below are some of my favorites.

I start every morning with a cup (or three) of Mariage Freres French Breakfast Tea, and have done so for at least ten years. You can get some MF flavors at Williams-Sonoma and other specialty retailers, but to order from the full line of teas that Mariage Freres offer (hundreds of varieties and flavors), you need to go online and ship it from France. I order French Breakfast by the kilo, and even with the steep shipping, it still turns out much cheaper than the retail price you'll find in the states (typcially $18-20 per 100g tin). MF also makes a greate vanilla (Vanille des Iles).

The O Dor is another great French tea blender, and their The Du Loup is amazing. The rest of their line looks wonderful as well. Only available online, as far as I can tell.

For a more accessible retail option, Teavana, with stores in many malls, is a good place to start and get ideas for what flavors smell and taste good to you. Their flavored loose-leaf blends are well made, and Teavana also has a decent selection of teaware.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check out that french breakfast tea. Sounds delicious and usually I don't want anything flavored in the morning. Just a good black tea that holds up without milk or lemon and without sugar (hate sweetened tea).

My all-time favorite tea is Marks & Spencer's Empress Grey tea. I've been unable to find a close equivalent in the US so far, so I've taken to rationing what I do have left from my last trip to Europe (took home at least 5 boxes of it). I know there has to at least one company in the US that does a good lemon and orange scented black tea. Unfortunately, M&S doesn't ship tea to the US and the British import sites all charge waaay too much for shipping.

During the winter, I crave spicy teas. I'm currently digging the different varieties of chai that Twinings puts out for the holidays. I've also been enjoying a custom blend I made through Adagio that contain chocolate, cherry, and chai mixed together.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I'm on a white tea kick right now - love it! My favorite is Lipton's Mango and Peach White Tea. Soooo yummy!
  • Any flavors of the Celestial Fruit Tea Sampler, but my favorite is the raspberry one :)
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    right now, im drinking mint chocolate :)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Chai, fruit flavored white teas, red teas, pu-reh (or however it's spelled....a fermented black tea), also I like the spicy or mint flavored green teas.

i drink about 4 mugs of tea a day.

Cameron's Coffee does some nice loose leaf teas too. they had a cinnamon plum black tea which was awesome.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love most teas black, but for herbal I prefer peppermint. What's not to love?
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hands downs, Sweet Almond Tea, it is a Rooibos loose tea. It is so yummy. Funny thing last year I had all these group projects for University but I was the one who lived the furthest out of town but I was the only one with a kid. I would bribe my peers to come to my house and they would always ask, "Will there be some of that special tea?" It is that good, now time to make myself a cup.
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    Republic of Tea Pineapple Ginger Green Tea!
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings has a really good peppermint and bedtime tea :)
  • weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lipton Honey Lemon black tea
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite is Stash's Chai Spice Decaf. Just a splash of 2% milk is all it needs. YUM.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like just regular black tea, but there is a herbal tea called cinnamon and apple by celestial seasonings that is really good.Their honey vanilla is good too.
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green tea - yum!!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

...maybe a green tea every now and then.