Is this too much for breakfast?

Options
Hi all.
So I love eggs and toast. I only eat multigrain bread, but two slices of my favourite bread (Abbott's Country Grain) and two eggs comes to about 438 calories. Is this too many calories for breakfast, or does it not matter as long as I don't go over my calorie limit (1500)? I do exercise a fair bit (an hour most days on the stationary bike and sometimes Zumba) so is it alright to have this for brekky?

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Most days my biggest meal is breakfast! As long as you don't go over your daily cals i dont see why it would be a problem.

I find if i eat a bigger breakfast i don't need to eat until around 11.30 12, If i dont im starving by 10! :smile:
  • lovesdarkchocolate
    Options
    For me, as long as my full day evens out and does not exceed target, a larger breakfast is not a problem. Some days I deliberately set up a very large breakfast knowing that lunch will be very much delayed or I will be extra active and need the fuel.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    looks fine to me. whatever fits in your calories I like bigger dinners, so I save about 700 for my dinners, and the rest is breakfast and lunch or whatever.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and I do alot of eggs and toast to. If I eat like that at breakfast it is along time before I have to eat again. It is fine to have a good breakfast.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Today I had leftover chilli mince and cottage cheese (537 cals), and a go to breakfast of fine is bacon, four fried eggs and a sweet potato? :P The amount of calories in a matter - unless they prevent you from eating later in the day.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter how big one meal is as long as you stay in your calories. I prefer to have the large majority of calories in the evening so I have under 200 cals for breakfast, and around 300 for lunch, and under 200 for after work snack and the rest is for supper/evening snacks.
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If it works for you then great!

We all need to stop comparing ourselves to eachother.

Do what works best for you and be happy with it. :wink:
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds fine! Breakfast is a good meal to eat lots! If you're worried about calories and sense a big day of eating coming up, try to just cook egg whites instead of eggs.. That'll knock it down a bit. But if you've found a breakfast that works for you .. stick with it!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    big breakfast can work to your advantage :D but if you want to slim it dwn try the egg whites only
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat breakfast, it loads me up on calories in the part of the day where my cortisol is highest, and that amplifies the effects of the release of insulin after I eat, making me STARVING after breakfast.

No more breakfast, lower calorie counts. WIN =)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds fine! Breakfast is a good meal to eat lots! If you're worried about calories and sense a big day of eating coming up, try to just cook egg whites instead of eggs.. That'll knock it down a bit. But if you've found a breakfast that works for you .. stick with it!

whoops hehe what they said
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If that is what you want to do. Meal timing and frequency have no impact on weight loss as long as you are within your calorie goals. So if you like a bigger breakfast that is great... as long as you don't over eat the rest of the day.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. Personally I find a big breakfast satisfies me until lunchtime. Otherwise I'm looking for a snack at10:30. Find what works for you.
  • MyNameIsLala
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad, I can continue to eat my eggs and toast. :)
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    nope!! when im on my refuel days my breakfest will be about 600-700 or more but those days i also eat close to 3000 cals
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    It's about your calories overall, not just one meal. Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant. It doesn't matter whether you'd rather have larger but less meals or smaller but more frequent meals, provided your calories are constant. It's personal preference. My breakfasts are much larger than yours by the way.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You cannot have too good a breakfast! You can improve your ratio of calories to protein if you replace one of the eggs with three or four egg whites.
  • shedder3000
    Options
    While I don't see anything wrong with that breakfast at all, if you're having butter on that toast, you could probably swap it to a healthier option of avocado, or only have the egg whites.
  • theresaarico
    Options
    Greetings Lala, I also generally eat a big breakfast 400-500 cals. My only thought is that toast/bread has a bunch of carbs- I personally try to stay very low in that category. Also unfortunate many people are finding through personal experimentation that wheat really is an "inflammatory" food. Apparently the genetic structure of wheat has changed so much [through hybridization] that a good amount of it is indigestible. This is concerning over-all even if you don't have Celiac's or other specific wheat intolerance. I substitute quinoa for the toast as it is higher in protein and lower in carbs. But if you feel good with this and it fuels you in a good way- I say stick with it!
    Best of luck with your health!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Whatever works for you. I like bigger dinners, you like bigger bfasts. No big deal. If you want to reduce calories, use whole eggs and only one piece of bread (open face sandwhich). That is a much better macro mix than the egg white suggestion.