Do you workout everyday?

Options
Do you workout everyday? If not, how many days a week? I am just getting started and was wondering if I need to give my body a rest day and how often?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have always heard you should exercise every other day... That way you have a rest in between and your muscles can recoup..I tend to exercise every day but I do something different every day. For example cardo, then the next day weights, etc. its good not to over stress the same muscle every day is what I have been told. Good luck.. :)
  • Try to take a day off every week; it's addictive, though.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I work out most weeks 5-6 days a week depending on my work schedule! At least one rest day is needed I believe!
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    No. 4-5 days a week. I generally take 2 rest days but sometimes three.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    6 days a week and 1 rest day. i alternate cardio days with Lifting/Strength Training days.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    2 rest days....after my biggest lifting sessions, one after chest day, one after back day
  • kalliopepiersol
    Options
    I work out everyday except Sunday. It's really rewarding and my body feels a thousand times better once I've exercised. It true though you do need breaks, you need to push yourself but you also need to know when to take a break.:smile:
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    1-2 days off a week... Usually 1 unless something comes up
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I try to do three days a week. Though rarely I'll do 2 or 4. And every few weeks, I just take the whole week off.
  • norrishbex
    norrishbex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week, Sunday is a day of rest. I do alternate days of strength and cardio (3 of each). :smile:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I only work out 5 days a week, but even on my "rest" days, I'm active and do a lot of walking, but I'm in maintenance. Worked out 6 days a week when I was still trying to lose. I need the rest, tho, because I tend to overdo and my body needs the time to recover.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Currently working out 4 days a week (30-60 minutes a day), down from 5. Considering doing a 3 days on(workout)/1 day off(rest) routine after a couple months of my current routine. From my experience (and it's very limited so take my advice with a grain of salt) I would just tell you to listen to your body but don't be afraid to push it every now and then. Rest days are just as important to let your mind and body recover so you can go hard on your next workout.

I suppose the amount of rest days needed would be dependent on how intense your workouts are.
  • tinagn
    tinagn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yup! Exercising is kind of my zen time each day! Where I get to just focus on myself and nothing else, I normally do take a day off on Sundays but I am still active for a good part of that day, walking around, riding a bike etc
  • lindoussa
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I think I am going to workout on Sun, Mon, and Tues, take Wed off, workout Thurs and Friday and take Saturday off. At least do that for a month and see what kind of results I get. Then I'll adjust if I'm not happy with it.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    pretty much this!
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually go Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Thursday is a rest day and saturday is my only day with my beautiful girl.
  • lindoussa
    Options
    Currently working out 4 days a week (30-60 minutes a day), down from 5. Considering doing a 3 days on(workout)/1 day off(rest) routine after a couple months of my current routine. From my experience (and it's very limited so take my advice with a grain of salt) I would just tell you to listen to your body but don't be afraid to push it every now and then. Rest days are just as important to let your mind and body recover so you can go hard on your next workout.

I suppose the amount of rest days needed would be dependent on how intense your workouts are.

I have been doing cardio P90X videos (just started this week). Not really into the whole P90X program myself because I still can't do ALOT of what they do, so I just stick to the cardio part to get some of this weight off. Hoping that will make it easier down the road and I might go through the whole program? I REALLY need to find my Insanity program because that is really what I need.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I work out 4 to 5 days a week. I give myself a minimum of two days off, but never more than three.
  • DatNative21
    DatNative21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    6 days a week 1 day of rest.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    6 days a week and 1 day of rest, although I sometimes go on a walk on my rest day.