Calling all Coconut oil lovers

Options
1234568»

Replies

• NoJustTheDude
    Options
    I've heard good things about coconut oil, but then I looked at the label: 1tbsp has 130 calories and 13 grams of saturated fat. What the HECK?! 13 grams of saturated fat - NO THANKS!
  • EEpling89
    Options
    I LOVE it for a whole slew of things as a beauty product. It's an amazing moisturizer and has all but completely cured my keratosis pilaris (little red bumps on the upper arms and thighs), diminished my chronic under-eye dark circles, helped my stretch marks and improved my nails.
    BUT... when I tried eating it, I got SO SICK! Like horrible nausea, vomiting and lethargy. I know I don't have a coconut allergy because I love eating all things coconut and it never phases me. Definitely take it slow if you're thinking about eating it for the first time.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    From my mate the new IFBB Pro Anth Bailes:

"Matt...try lowering the carbs a touch and increasing the fats a little...cook your food in coconut oil,add omega 3s,few tablespoons udos or EVOO,nuts...you know the deal.Lower Carb intake = higher insulin sensitivity...which we want !"

Plenty of benefits from using the above fats, esp coconut oil.
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    love it! i use it for a deep conditioner for my hair, face moisturizer, and i use it to shave my legs! :D
    i have yet to cook with it, but im probably going to try it out soon!
  • makemyselfpr0ud
    Options
    Bump!
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    Great topic posting. I switched to coconut milk creamer and the occasional coconut milk ice cream treat (So Delicious brand), but haven't experimented with coconut oil in cooking yet. I'll pick up a jar and give it a try!
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed!!! love in so much! I get it at vitacost.com
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I cook my eggs in it, use it on popcorn instead of butter, use it in other cooking, & put it on my hair. Good stuff!