Lunch ideas 300 calories or less

Options
I'm looking for some easy Lunch ideas that are satisfying (high fiber), Tasty (does not taste like cardboard) and 300 calories or less. I have a very satisfying quinoa and butternut squash recipe but I really need some variety. I am not on a low carb diet. I have kidney problems so anything too high in protein (especially animal protein) or salt is not good for me.

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many come in under 300, but have fun looking through them! Also, protein keeps you full longer than fiber.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Lunch Recipes
  • minorgal
    minorgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really like taking veggie burgers for lunch. They're usually less than 200 calories, and you can get buns for under 100 calories. There are tons of recipes online to make your own! I also love spaghetti squash, although I usually eat that as a side dish... to a veggie burger :)
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The last few days I have bee having Vogels very thin bread, vegemite and lite cream cheese. Thats less than 200 calories and tasty.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well, obviously it's protein, but my "go to" low cal lunch is shrimp cocktail. I get frozen, peeled deveined shrimp and quick defrost, then brine them for about 60 min (not necessary and may be adding too much sodium for you but the end result is nice) then a quick roast in the oven (about 2 mins per side) when I get back from the gym. Serve with a quick sauce of half ketchup/ half horseradish.

Tasty. :)
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    subway!
  • MrWThompson
    MrWThompson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Poland Spring 16.9 Fl oz - Water
    Kraft Singles - 2% Milk Reduced Fat American Cheese , 1 slice
    Lunchmeats~Jen's - Oscar Mayer Delifresh Smoked Turkey Breast , 6 slices
    Kroger - Sandwich Slims 100% Whole Wheat , 1 thin bun
    French's - Honey Dijon Mustard, 1 tsp (5g)
    Fresh Selections (Kroger) Baby Carrots - Baby Carrots Cut and Peeled, 3 oz

Total = 225 Calories

My lunch today and it held me over pretty well until dinner.
  • melissalandrum
    melissalandrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually cycle between homemade leftover soups, a huge chefs salad, or a sandwich (Sara Lee Delightful wheat bread, low fat mayonnaise with olive oil or mustard, sandwich meat, romaine lettuce) carrots, dill pickle spear, and either a low fat yogurt or an apple.
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    One of my favorite things is a high fiber whole grain english muffin (whatever brand you prefer) split in half and toasted, a slice of tomato on each half, half a slice of swiss cheese on each half, and a slice of oven roasted turkey on each half. That's all about 265 calories :] simple and cheap.
  • icandoanything2012
    Options
    One of my favorite things is a high fiber whole grain english muffin (whatever brand you prefer) split in half and toasted, a slice of tomato on each half, half a slice of swiss cheese on each half, and a slice of oven roasted turkey on each half. That's all about 265 calories :] simple and cheap.

Cheap, Tasty and low calorie.... sounds good to me!!
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    Peanut butter and apple slices on whole grain bread! it makes you feel like a little kid again...btw- heres a calorie plan i highly recommend to anyone trying to loose weight while staying full (tried EVERYTHING)
    breakfast - 300 calories
    EX: one egg yolk with four egg whites scrambled- 3 pieces turkey bacon on the side - toast with sugar free jam (290)
    snack - under 200 calorie
    EX: large banana or other filling fruit (40-120)
    lunch: 300 calories
    EX: large tuna n spinage salad wth greek yogurt based dressing (200-350)
    snack: 200 calories
    ex: healthy choice vegetable soup (180 for two cups)
    dinner: 300 calories
    ex: vegetable and tofu stir fry with soy sauce (200-350)
    (optional.) 200 fun calories so you dont loose your mind!
    EX: 1 cup chocolate frozen yogurt (180)
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Turkey and hummus wrap!

1 whole wheat tortilla
    turkey lunch meat
    1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or probably even a little less would work)
    1 tbsp hummus (I like the garlic or red pepper kinds)

Spread the hummus on the tortilla, add the turkey and cheese, and you can either toast it in a skillet using some olive oil or cooking spray (which is delicious by the way) or just eat it like that if you have to make it quick in the morning and take it with you for later. It comes out to around 250-300 calories depending on how much meat and cheese you use. :smile:
  • cocodiva31
    Options
    Turkey and hummus wrap!

1 whole wheat tortilla
    turkey lunch meat
    1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or probably even a little less would work)
    1 tbsp hummus (I like the garlic or red pepper kinds)

Spread the hummus on the tortilla, add the turkey and cheese, and you can either toast it in a skillet using some olive oil or cooking spray (which is delicious by the way) or just eat it like that if you have to make it quick in the morning and take it with you for later. It comes out to around 250-300 calories depending on how much meat and cheese you use. :smile:

Sounds delish........:happy:
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken Parmesan

Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 224.5 • Fat: 8.6 g • Protein: 25 g • Carb: 14 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

Ingredients:

4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half to make 8
    3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
    3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used Polly-o)
    1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
    cooking spray

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html
  • Not sure how many come in under 300, but have fun looking through them! Also, protein keeps you full longer than fiber.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Lunch Recipes
    Oh, wow!
    I love /all/ of these recipes. Thanks a bunch for posting this. (Bookmarked!)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Bump because my mouth is watering...
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    scarmbled egg white with smoked salmon with pinch black pepper(180 calories)
    1 wholewheal tortillia with jumbo king prawns(100g) with stirfry veg(245calories)
    cous cous with prawn stir fry(300 calories)
    1 chick thingh(no skin) with califlower and sweetcorn(260 calories)
  • nawalamd
    Options
    Chobani No Fat Greek Yogurt and a Fiber One bar. Under 300 calories, tasty, and also low sodium/low fat.
  • claypage
    claypage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starkist Tuna has these little "lunch on the go" packs. They're like a make it yourself tuna salad meal with crackers. They also come with a mint, too. It's 240 calories.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

Many variations of this. Tuna with avacado....egg/ low fat spreadable cheese (babybell or laughing cow makes great ones)...also just change up the lunchmeats.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I used to make sandwiches all the time:

2 ounces lean lunch meat (such as pepper ham, turkey) - about 60 calories
    2 slices light rye bread - 80 calories (I used the Beefsteak Light Rye)
    1 ounce Cabot's 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese - 60 calories
    Mustard
    Onion
    Hot peppers

Approximately 220 calories, can't beat it! Add whatever veggies you like.