salmon recipes ?? .. pics if possible pls! =]

Options
2»

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Pecan crusted, bbqed salmon...cooked on a cedar plank. Yummy....Google it.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you want moist salmon to die for and aren't too concerned with a few added calories:

Melt butter and brown sugar in a bowl, add lemon pepper and garlic, and it should be a paste consistency. You do this with as much or as little butter as you would like, and add the brown sugar to make it a paste, then add seasonings.
    Spread olive oil in the bottom of the container before putting the salmon in.
    Bake salmon in a covered glass container (like Corningwear) at 375 until it reaches at least 155 degrees. Usually around 20-25 minutes for 1 lb.
    I like to serve with lemon slices.

You will think you've died and gone to heaven if you do it right!! :drinker:
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    An easy and delicious way is to bake it in the oven in foil and just squeeze half a fresh lemon over it and sprinkle some lemon pepper over it. Then thinly slice the other half of lemon and place on top of salmon. Wrap foil loosely around and bake 15-20 min.
  • cmz311
    cmz311 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    can you use that cedar plank in the oven also with the same results?

Not a good idea. The cedar plank is for giving it a little smoke so I would suggest not using it in the oven:)
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Dijon mustard + soy sauce. Delicious every time.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    We salt the salmon (the whole fish) and put lemon slices and dill on it, wrap it in aluminium foil and put it on the barbecue. Works with the oven too. Easy and doesn´t make everything dirty.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like salmon raw the best, but if you want good sashimi, you need really fresh, good quality fish!

Otherwise I like my salmon cooked plain with a bit of healthy oil. :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Option 1: Panko crumbs and lemon zest
    Option 2: Bread crumbs, butter, garlic
    Option 3: Soy sauce and ginger or soy sauce and garlic
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Key is to get good fresh salmon, pay more for it and you will reap the rewards later!! Make sure you don't over cook it, and just add a little lemon pepper, or cajon seasoning. I bake a thin cut pound in 350 for 15-18 minutes a thicker cut I split down the middle of the filet and cook for the same amount of time.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I usually cook it one of two ways, both are rather simple and low cal.

1. Squeeze a half lemon over the top of each fillet or steak, sprinkle with dill, black pepper and salt to taste. Bake till done (I like my more done that it is usually served so I just watch till the thinnest ends are crispy looking and it is done to my taste). Squeeze the remaining half of lemon over top if you like.

2. Season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste and pan roast in a hot skillet skin side down for a few minutes, then turn over and cook skin side up, pressing with a spatula lightly to get a nice crust till done. Transfer to a plate and you can wiggle your fork between the skin & flesh and it should just lift away (I don't like the salmon skin but some people do, you can eat it if you like) Squeeze with lemon juice and serve.

Yum!
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why put olive oil or butter on the salmon? It is an oily fish after all so it's not like it's going to be dry without it. And one tablespoon of olive oil is 100 - 120 cal.

My favorite salmon recipes:

1. Top each fillet with a tablespoon of drained capers and a squeeze of lemon juice
    or
    2. Top with a mixture of fresh ginger, garlic and soy sauce

Wrap loosely in foil and bake in the oven.
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Season well with cajun seasoning, broil until almost done. At the last minute or two glaze with a mixture of orange marmalade and lime juice. Delish! The marmalade certainly has sugar in it, but you only end up eating a few teaspoons- well worth it for the flavor.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    can you use that cedar plank in the oven also with the same results?

I have put them in the oven before without any problems, just leave the oven door cracked open and lower the temp just a bit.
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    thank you :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon/lime
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tossed this together last night it was delicious

2 - 6oz Salmon Fillets

1 clove garlic finely grated
    1 tsp finely grated ginger
    1 tsp chopped cilantro - (I didn't use all of the garlic-ginger-cilantro)
    1/2 tsp Extra hot red curry powder
    1/4 lime for juice
    (was going to add a little butter but was out!)

Rinse and pat dry Fillets
    Spritz Fillets with lime juice until wet,spread it around
    Rub garlic,ginger,cilantro on the fishys making a nice coating
    Sprinkle Curry powder, as much or as little as you like. It came out really mild with the amount I used, pic suggests how much I used. Next time I will use a little more.

Place fillets in a loose closed aluminum foil tent, bake in oven 20 mins @350, open tent, spritz a little more lime juice and switch to broil for a few mins. I did this in my toaster oven so it is fast and easy to change over to a near-field broil.

Lightly sea-salt to taste after serving. The salt really brought all the flavors together. I could clearly taste the yummy salmon flavor balanced against the seasonings. I was pleased with this on the fly experiment.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B01a_ViZJUMHY3V4aHMtMktJOUU/edit?pli=1