New Car Suggestions

Options

Replies

• TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I bought a KIA Soul earlier this year, I love it!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Anything from Honda. I loved my Civic (RIP).

I have a Camry now and it is definitely not as good of a car.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When is the best time of the month to buy a car?

We were lucky with our previous car, bought at the end of the month. The sales guys seem to have monthly targets and it seemed they hadn't quite reached it for the month, so we got a great deal after some serious haggling (new tyres, new radio and road tax all thrown in)!
    However, if they already hit their target, they might not be bothered but I think it's worth a shot! Around xmas must be great, coz loads of people have to spend their money on presents instead of cars (unless the car is the present, ahem ...) :-)
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    VW-Jetta- diesel as I travel and they are amazing cars and got some good power too... I just bought moi a new one in June.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    <
    This Jeep Rubicon..
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If money was less of an issue, Subaru STi. A little modification and it's 450 hp to the wheel. SO. MUCH. FUN. I currently drive a Subaru Impreza 2.5i, manual transmission, hatchback. My next car will be a Subaru WRX but that will have to wait another 5-6 years. My husband and I are on our 3rd (my 2.5i) and 4th (his WRX) Subarus and they have been fantastic cars.
    If money was absolutely not an issue and I had no sense of responsibility, I would get a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Why HELLO new Bestie!! <3
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    Since my job depends upon the health of American industry, I want a car with as much United States content as possible, and manufactured by an American owned (predominately) car company. That limits the field to Ford, GM and to some extent Chrysler.

I am a Chrysler guy, have been for 48 years. Owned a couple of GM products during this time frame, and much prefer Chrysler products. Have driven other makes as rental cars and for the most part have been unimpressed or disappointed. Drove the highly rated Toyota Corrola, was disappointed and couldn't see what all the fuss is about.

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300C AWD (all wheel drive) with a Hemi. If you want a ROAD CAR..............and I mean a car that you drive with confidence in any kind of weather, and one with power on the road..............this is it. Roomy, comfortable, powerful, dependable, and sure-footed. My is 4200 lbs., and you know it by it how handles the road. Get into a cross-wind......and guess what, you don't feel it. You won't get blown all over the road in this car. There is a handling stability package that is standard equipment. Learn about it. On ice and snow, it is super!! I love it, and highly recommend it!
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There's lots of choices. How about listing some of you requirements? Maybe some models that you like/?

I don't think getting recomendations that range from a 1/2 ton truck to a 2 seater mini will be very helpful to you.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Chevy Traverse i need more space for the family
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When is the best time of the month to buy a car?

We were lucky with our previous car, bought at the end of the month. The sales guys seem to have monthly targets and it seemed they hadn't quite reached it for the month, so we got a great deal after some serious haggling (new tyres, new radio and road tax all thrown in)!
    However, if they already hit their target, they might not be bothered but I think it's worth a shot! Around xmas must be great, coz loads of people have to spend their money on presents instead of cars (unless the car is the present, ahem ...) :-)
    [/qu

Thanks
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It's been years since I purchase a car so I am open to anything at the moment.

I appreciate everyone input.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sorta depends. There are a lot of cars really like. Of the three here, the Mustang is really the only one in my price range. I could afford to buy the other two if I prepared for it, but I don't think I could afford to own them (insurance, etc)

2013_ford_mustang_f34_ns_31612_717.jpg

or

bmw-m3-coupe-by-mode-2_600x0w.jpg

or

001-2013-porsche-911-carrera-4s628opt.jpg
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Audi-S5-by-Tag-Motorsports.jpg
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind driving a Genesis Coupe to be honest

MY2013-Genesis-Coupe-KDM-12.jpg
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Do you have a family or plan on starting one? I like the Honda CR-V for it's versatility. I had to switch to a Honda Odyssey after we had a second baby.

If I had to choose a sedan, I like my Accord but I would consider going Hyundai for a better value. For a small car, I like the Elantra. Hyundai also has the Sonata Hybrid. If you go with Hyundai, consider getting it used. They don't hold their value.

When I look at cars, I'm looking more at reliability.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You appear to be a young guy so I'd suggest looking at a small suv crossover like a Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4 or similliar.

They have enough room to be comfortable but not so big as to be gas guzzlers.

I have a Huyndai Tuscon that I bought new. It was totally a practicality based choice. I needed a car because my old one died and there were layoffs looming at my job so I wanted economical transporattion with a good warranty.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to get a top quality car for $35,000?

Used Lexus 350 or BMW 330/5 for a pleasure ride
    VW Jetta/Passat TDI for economy and long run.
    Used Acura TSX for all purpose. (you don't have to use premium gas, unless you want to have the extra HPs, it also applies to all other cars.)

You'll need to take consider with the car's weight because it could impact on the handling, MPG, and the durality. Don't ever get Dodge because it's really hard for you to replace the parts and they do break down more often.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sorta depends. There are a lot of cars really like. Of the three here, the Mustang is really the only one in my price range. I could afford to buy the other two if I prepared for it, but I don't think I could afford to own them (insurance, etc)

2013_ford_mustang_f34_ns_31612_717.jpg

or

bmw-m3-coupe-by-mode-2_600x0w.jpg

or

001-2013-porsche-911-carrera-4s628opt.jpg

We have the same taste. I would go for GT3RS if possible, but I must have a full built garage first inorder to work with the maintenance on those sport cars. Sport cars requires more maintenance works than a regular car (it is built like that). I don't trust the auto mechs doing it for me.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    A buddy of mine got his car from a body shop. The original owner got into an accident and dropped it off for repairs. He couldn't pay so he didn't get his car back. My buddy swooped in and bought the car for the cost of the repairs and a few extra bucks.

I don't know if this is on the up and up but he still has the car. We stopped talking over personal reasons.
  • donnakayparra
    donnakayparra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also in the market for a new car. I need fuel efficiency so I was thinking of going with a toyota camry (hopefully manual transmission) or a Nissan Rogue. My daughter's friend just bought a rougue and he says he gets like 34 mpg! I said, that's highway right and he said no, that's just driving around in town he hasn;t even driven it on the highway yet! anyone else have any experience with either of these vehicles?

I have a Scion XA. Gets me anywhere from 35 to 40 mpg. It is a standard. We can drive from east Tenn. all the way to lower Oklahoma, drive around for a week then drive back home on $200. Kinda small but I like it.