how early can you have soup?

Options
Zylahe
Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
So its 9:33 am here and I am starving,
also feeling pretty cold, my options for food are instant soup or rice cakes.
My question is, is 9:40 too early for soup??

Replies

• NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    its never too early for soup when you eat healthy time of dy does not hold me back from eating veges for breakfast go for it if you are cold!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    it's never too early for soup.

i don't really give too much sway to the idea of 'breakfast foods' and 'lunch foods'.. there's good, nutritious food, and there's junky food.

if soup is going to keep you from surfing down the hallway on the tea trolley, trailing muffins and mars bars, have soup :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Many parts of Asia eat soup for breakfast all the time. You can eat any food whenever you want to! I ate pudding for breakfast at an island resort recently, it was wonderful and the chef thought it was a good idea so who was I to argue! :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    'breakfast' as a type of food was invented by Kellogg.

Before that, there was just food.

soup anytime is good if that is what you want. and fluid first thing is probably a good thing.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    You can have soup any time between midnight and midnight.
  • Zylahe
    Options
    escellent
    soup was delicious

and (un) fortunatly there is no junk food to tempt me as an alternative.
    Its just what i bring in or i go hungry.
    (or eat my lunch early)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can have soup for breakfast. You're an adult! You can have cake for lunch if you wanted!
  • Zylahe
    Options
    You can have soup for breakfast. You're an adult! You can have cake for lunch if you wanted!

Think i might have cake for breakfast tomorrow then :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Shoot! I gonna have cake for lunch tomorrow too then. That way it will only be a short step to cake for breakfast!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I've had cake for breakfast lots of times. And cold pizza, wings, whatever is left over. Breakfast is breaking your fast, not an ad by a cereal company. Have whatever food you want to eat.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Meal timing is meaningless to me. I tend to eat breakfast food at night
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Many parts of Asia eat soup for breakfast all the time. You can eat any food whenever you want to! I ate pudding for breakfast at an island resort recently, it was wonderful and the chef thought it was a good idea so who was I to argue! :)

^Yes. A bowl of soup and grilled fish is a great way to start the day.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yes. The soup police will arrest you if you eat it before 11 a.m.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Yes. The soup police will arrest you if you eat it before 11 a.m.

That's not the only problem. Soup should not be eaten prior to 11:00AM as it is a lunch or dinner food. Your body will be confused and believe that it is later in the day than it really is. It can really mess up your TDEE and BMR. Eggs, toast, oatmeal, cereal, traditional breakfast foods are eaten in the morning in order to signal your metabolism to start going.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Instant soup or rice cakes????? Those are your only choices?

Try to have some protein with your meals. You'll stay full longer. (Rice cakes......mumble, mumble.....) ;-)
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Many parts of Asia eat soup for breakfast all the time. You can eat any food whenever you want to! I atue pudding for breakfast at an island resort recently, it was wonderful and the chef thought it was a good idea so who was I to argue! :)

This sums it up. Who makes these rules, really? My wife & I have beans for breakfast every day. When we first started, I thought it would be weird, but it's not. And a friend who lived in New Mexico for a while said, "Out there, some communities would think you were weird if you DIDN'T have beans for breakfast!"

Funny story: We honeymooned in Hawaii at a hotel with a fair number of Japanese tourists. The hotel had a great breakfast buffet. My wife & I tended to eat the Japanese food on the buffet. So, one day at breakfast, we're sitting there with our rice bowls and miso soup, and we look over to the Japanese family at the next table and see their plates piled high with pancakes, hash browns, and donuts. They looked at our plates at the same time, and we all started laughing together.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    I can't count how many times I've made eggs sunny side up as part of my dinner.

Soup for breakfast? All day long.
  • AdrianeSlover
    Options
    never too early for me ;)
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you are Bulgarian, you have soup for breakfast.

Never too early...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You're an adult! You can have cake for lunch if you wanted!

Doing it. SHE SAID I COULD!!