30 Day Shred in 60 days

Options
13»

Replies

• ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I haven't done anything since my fit on Day 4 and making myself finish. I woke up yesterday morning and while getting dressed, felt my back spasm like I was eventually going to end up hurting it, so I took a day of rest. And then yesterday I didn't get time, so two days of rest. I should be okay now, and hopefully I can do it when I get home. Our final project is due on Friday, and I have a final on Thursday next week, so this might have to take a back seat for a minute.
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well I started back doing the shred last night and this morning. Back on a roll. I hate being sick throws me way off. I took a before pic. might post after i complete this but not sure. Did take measurements though real waist 29" , around belly button 33" hips 38.5" biceps 12 "
  • ebailey710
    Options
    Did Day 5 today, and slowly seeing improvement. Still no legit pushup, ok modified one. Bicycle crunches getting better, jump ropes getting much better. Still took lots of water breaks and to catch breath.
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm back!! :happy:

Last week I felt like the more I tried to make time for the 30DS, the more I didn't want to do it. Wednesday morning I got up early, got dressed, put it on, made it as far as the first round of push ups and turned it off. Since I'd gotten up that early, I was determined to do some kind of workout, so I switched to Sweatin' to the Oldies. It didn't take long to figure out the problem: the 30DS was boring. So instead of my Friday workout, I built a playlist for the 30DS. If anyone's interested, here it is:

Along Comes A Woman (Chicago) -- Intro/Warm Up
    No Time (The Guess Who) -- Strength 1
    Travellin' Band (Credence Clearwater Revival) -- Cardio 1
    Now More Than Ever (Chicago) -- Abs 1
    I Just Want to Celebrate (Rare Earth) -- Strength 2
    Hound Dog (Elvis Presley) -- Cardio 2
    American Woman (The Guess Who) -- Abs 2/Strength 3
    Blue Suede Shoes (Carl Perkins) -- Cardio 3
    Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (The Animals) -- Abs 3/beginning of Cool Down

The timing works very well without having to cut any of the songs, which is partly how I chose them. :tongue:

So today I did it, and it wasn't nearly such a chore! I finished off with a yoga routine instead of doing Jillian's cool down (soundtrack: Benise's "Mi Amor" on repeat). Tomorrow I'll do a more involved yoga routine and maybe go for a walk: same 60 day plan I started with. Since I feel like I got so little out of the last week's exercises, I'm going to reset my counter with today as Level 1, Day 1 and go forward from there.
  • ebailey710
    Options
    After a couple of days of rest, did Day 6. Upped my dumbbells to 4 pounds, and you can really tell after a bit. I don't feel like I'm quite ready to move on, but that could be because I've been taking rest days. My insurance for the chiropractor doesn't start til January, I can't afford an injury! Maybe hubby and I will take a walk tonight.

EDIT: I took measurements and LOST an inch off my waist! But nowhere else lol. Haven't jumped on the scale yet, the muscle I'm gaining makes the numbers go up.
  • ebailey710
    Options
    Finally made it to Day 7. Chiro told me not to do the jumping anymore to prevent injury to my back, so working on staying safe and strengthening core. Bought a heart rate monitor with my graduation money, as well as The Firm Express dvds. Will start that after 30 day shred, as their meal plan is very restrictive.